Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Which BEC would you build?
sdh2903

posted on 13/9/12 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
The easiest question is do you want to build or do you want to drive? Answer that and it solves your dilemma. And don't forget it's not just the build, you have got iva (£475 if you pass first time) plus registration and tax etc.

Also a modern zx10 engine is as powerful if not more powerful than a busa lump and won't require dry sump or accusump. I'm guessing that the price quoted from mk won't include dry sump. The zx10 engine is lighter too.

[Edited on 13/9/12 by sdh2903]

adithorp

posted on 13/9/12 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by welderman

hmm i fell into the trap lol

mind you Tom and i were only just talking the other day about my driving in the very very wet at a considerable speed on the way home from a kit car show with yourself. I was dry as a bone when i got home, speed = rain goes right over the head lol.

Hmm, remember it well. It wasn't the rain wetting me I was worried about. Felt like I was in danger of finding out if the water still went over your head when travelling backwards at 90!... and if it did, there was still the damger of wetting myself. A cup of coffee in Costa untill it stopped was more inviting.

OP. If you feel like seeing what a FuryR1 feels like, I'll be at BlytonPark for a track day on the 29th. You're welcome to a few passenger laps.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

jonabonospen

posted on 13/9/12 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
The easiest question is do you want to build or do you want to drive? Answer that and it solves your dilemma.

That's where the problems start, as I want to do both

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
sdh2903

posted on 13/9/12 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
You need to build then! If you get one ordered and your reasonably competent on the tools you could be built ready for iva next summer (if we get one) my build took 3 years but in that time I changed jobs, house, New garage, New baby and changed my mind from cec to bec halfway through and I painted my car. I reckon I could easy do a build in 6 months now, especially if you get a complete kit.

sdh2903

posted on 13/9/12 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
seeing as your in Yorkshireland go and have a look at Mnr. I've only dealt with them buying parts but they have always been very helpful, they do a nice looking car too.

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 13/9/12 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
I've built three Mega(Whatevers) Westfield over the past 10 years. Engines have been varied (GSXR750/1000/1300), TL1000R, Blades 893,919,929 and Yamaha R1 (5JJ and 5VY). Cars have all been destroyed on the circuit, with only a broken collarbone, two ribs and an arm on me. The crash strength is very good, particularly the Euro chassis. I'm building my 2nd Euro at the moment (S1000RR).

I've looked at others, but really, Westfield quality and parts availability does it everytime.

sdh2903

posted on 13/9/12 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by motorcycle_mayhem
I've built three Mega(Whatevers) Westfield over the past 10 years. Engines have been varied (GSXR750/1000/1300), TL1000R, Blades 893,919,929 and Yamaha R1 (5JJ and 5VY). Cars have all been destroyed on the circuit, with only a broken collarbone, two ribs and an arm on me. The crash strength is very good, particularly the Euro chassis. I'm building my 2nd Euro at the moment (S1000RR).

I've looked at others, but really, Westfield quality and parts availability does it everytime.

Ooh how you doing the engine management on the s1000r? Are you doing a build diary?

jonabonospen

posted on 3/10/12 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
Just to update, I have now placed my order with the great guys at Mac#1 for a ZX10R Worx so will be starting my build in December all being well.
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.