Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: wtd. Heated seat gubbins...
owelly

posted on 22/11/12 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
wtd. Heated seat gubbins...

Another off-centre want from me!
I really miss the heated seats from my Rangerover. I also miss the heated steering wheel but I can manage without it but I want to be cosy warm whilst driving my Transit.
EBay has kits for about £40 which gives you a set of heated pads, a pair of two-position switches and a loom but before I splash out my hard earned pennies, has anyone got any other suggestions (apart from thermals, extra undercrackers, or incontinence)? Has anyone ever stripped the guts out of a heated seat to transplant? Or should I just find seats that are already heated and fit them? should I buy a cheap heated seat cover for a tenner and butcher that to go inside my seats?
TIA...

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dave-69isit

posted on 22/11/12 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
ford galaxy have them get um from scrappy
mookaloid

posted on 22/11/12 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
I think those ebay kits look pretty good value TBH

you'd struggle to get a pair of working heated seats with all the gubbins for that money wouldn't you?

Cheers

Mooky

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

owelly

posted on 22/11/12 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
I can't find Galaxy seats for the kind of cash I want to spend but if I could find heated Galaxy seats on swivels for the right price, it could be a go-er. The current transit seats are very comfy so skinning them to retro-fit heated pads seems to be the way to go. No-one got any old heated seats that could dinate their innards?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
loggyboy

posted on 22/11/12 at 10:57 PM Reply With Quote
I remember seeing a how to for vauxhalls using old volvo heating pads. Might be worth an ebaying for any heated seat on auction to pick up a local or badly listed bargain?

Mistral Motorsport

owelly

posted on 22/11/12 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
I've found bloke about 35 miles away selling a heated seat from a PT Cruiser for £35. If he has a pair and will do a deal, it may be worth a look. But there again, even if I got the pair for £60, theres still £20 for fuel and half a day to collect....or buy it now on Ebay and wait for the posty...

StevieB

posted on 22/11/12 at 11:57 PM Reply With Quote
35 away from you but is it anywhere near me?

I could collect and drop up at some point (long overdue a visit to the in laws at scalby anyway)

owelly

posted on 23/11/12 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
Just up the road from you Steve in Stockton. But not Stockton on Forest...it's in Stockton on Tees...... I may have a looksy to see if the Transit seats can be dismantled and if they can, I'll order a set of those heated seat kits and see what happens. I'll also buy a pair of fire extinguishers....

mad4x4

posted on 23/11/12 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly
I've found bloke about 35 miles away selling a heated seat from a PT Cruiser for £35. If he has a pair and will do a deal, it may be worth a look. But there again, even if I got the pair for £60, theres still £20 for fuel and half a day to collect....or buy it now on Ebay and wait for the posty...

What are you driving that it will take 12hrs and to travel 70 Miles and £20 Fuel. John Deere Tractor?

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

monkeyarms

posted on 23/11/12 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
Aldi have heated seat covers, slip onto your seat and plug into 12v socket. £10 each
I bought one for the GF and she loves it

Peteff

posted on 23/11/12 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
You want some Fiery Jack you do.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

owelly

posted on 23/11/12 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
12 hours isn't half a day even though a clock would suggest it is. I drop the kids off at school at 9 & 9:30 so by the time I get to Teesside, that'll be 10:30. Collect seats and heading home by 10:45. Oooo, MaccyDs....there's another 30 mins wasted. That puts me back home at 12:15 which you must agree, is over halfway through the day, as suggested by the title 'midday'.
70 miles at 20mpg (the Transit is a thirsty thing)=3.5gallons x £6.36= £22.25
Simples.

I missed the heated covers at Lidl and they're the same price as the ones on ebay for a similar price. I just wanted something a bit more permanent.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.