Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mid engined BEC: Riot, Menace or J15
wirestriker

posted on 31/1/13 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
Mid engined BEC: Riot, Menace or J15

Hi guys
After years of trackdays with my R1 Fury, now I am looking for a mid engined BEC like a Sylva Riot or maybe J15 and Menace (I know they're very rare!!!)

Preferably in race trim, road registered or not.

Anything considered, even rolling chassis and projects.

Thanks, Matteo

Jenko

posted on 31/1/13 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
I went from a Westfield and in the process of building my J15. What I would say is it is liberating doing your own build and making a car from scratch exactly the way you want it....A few people have done the bike engined riot's j15's (worth a search for thier blogs).

I've not driven the J15 in anger yet (only had a quick go in the demo car), but they are aero dynamic, and the chassis looks looks good, so with the right components, should be a decent track car.

MY BLOG - http://westfieldv8.blogspot.co.uk/

Browny
Junior Builder

Posts 32
Registered 6/6/07

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Space framed Fiat Seicento with zzr1400 engine.

posted on 31/1/13 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
How about an MK Midi, Martin designed the current RGB winning chassis and suspension for Spire. I bet some of that knowledge has made its way onto the Midi.

Plus a new build you'll get exactly what you want, modifications can be made so that'll suit your requirements exactly, pretty cheap too, see link;

http://www.mkengineering.co.uk/midi-photos-price-list

ceebmoj

posted on 31/1/13 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wirestriker
Menace (I know they're very rare!!!)

do you have any pictures or links not heard of this one

wirestriker

posted on 31/1/13 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ceebmoj
quote:
Originally posted by wirestriker
Menace (I know they're very rare!!!)

do you have any pictures or links not heard of this one

Fisher Fury Menace, I think only 3 road cars and 3 race cars built around 2004/05

Basically a traditional Fury with the engine in the middle and cockpit moved forward. I love it.

Thanks for thee advise on the MK Midi, it's relatively new style, I've never seen a used one for sale.

I think the easier choice will be finding a used R1ot and then fit a J15 body. Is it possible? Has it been made before?

It seems strange, but my future toy will have to be a "classic looking" like the fury... even if it will be a track only car. I know that buying an old Radical Clubsport will be the best and cheaper way to have fun on the track, but i hate modern looking cars.

DH2

posted on 31/1/13 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
I thought I recognised that photo...

DH2

I predict a Riot

posted on 31/1/13 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
I asked Jeremy Philips about rebodying a Riot into a J15 when I bought mine and he said it is possible as the cars are fundamentally identical but might not be cost effective. If you have your mind set on a J15 I would look for one already built.

When I was last round at Jeremy's before Christmas he had some chassis there and had recently sold a track orientated BEC Riot as a sighting car to a racer. He quite often knows of or has himself second hand cars for sale. I would give him a ring.

Good luck looking.

"Honesty is a very expensive gift. Do not expect it from cheap people ". Warren Buffet on Expectation

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.