Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New Pope --- seems good regular guy
RK

posted on 20/3/13 at 01:14 AM Reply With Quote
I don't see any inconsistencies in having both science and religion. The latter helps a lot of people get through the day, and that's what it's all about, to me. I'm not a catholic, but have been around them for 30 years now, and see that they do actually have a purpose. The child molesters should be drawn and quartered, have their heads cut off, then let them float through the rivers of Italy; like the good old days.

It is far too easy to attack religious institutions these days, as they do themselves in at every turn (recent Anglican news, illustrating their contempt for modern society, for example, is enough to turn anybody away from them). But I don't believe in throwing the baby out with the bath water, because then you get these splinter groups of even less reasonable people, trying to run things. I just personally think it's easier to work with what you've got, just like I did with my crap kit.

cliftyhanger

posted on 20/3/13 at 07:05 AM Reply With Quote
I too think that religions largely serve a useful purpose.
Think about the whole planet, so many billions get though their days because of religion. And if religion went, who would lead the peoples of the earth? corporations bent on greed I suspect, then the wars would get nasty.
At least with religion the overwhelming numbers are good people with good intentions. Feel free to disagree with them, and indeed get angry when things go seriously wrong, but nearly all humans are sheep and need a leader. Think about what motivates you? That is effectively your religion.

Think I need to go back to bed. Sinuses full of something resembling sikaflex, and a head that is a tad sore

Jasper

posted on 23/3/13 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
'If your religion is worth killing yourself for, please start with yourself'

We don't need religion to teach us about morals or living as decent human beings - we are quite capable of doing it ourselves.

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.