Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec upgrade options?
will121

posted on 17/7/13 at 06:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mccsp
I don't think aftermarket cams are the way forward. My 2l Zetec makes 169bhp running the 130cams. I have an emerald ecu, gsxr 750tb's, home ported head, skimmed head (slightly higher compression) and 4 into 1 exhaust, not convinced it is a great manifold as unequal lengths and the runners are very long. When it was being mapped losing the airbox would have gained another 4bhp, but don't think it is a wise route! Having mapped it and run it through gt power at work, there was negligible benefit from any of the standard aftermarket cams, that didn't require piston pockets cutting!.

I have basically the exact same setup but with 260 newman cams and as you say mine only makes 4bhp more at 173bhp when mapped at emerald but does make this peak power at 7000rpm. Do you have your RR print out? I will add mine tonight, be interesting what if any the advantage of cams actually are.

[Edited on 17/7/13 by will121]

FASTdan

posted on 17/7/13 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by teegray19
Why not go bike engine? 150-165bhp for less than 200quid in many cases... loose all the weight gain more power.

That's what I'm doing over winter.

£200 to go CEC - > BEC?

NEW danST WEBSITE NOW LIVE! Bike carbs, throttle bodies and more......

http://www.danstengineering.co.uk/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
teegray19

posted on 17/7/13 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
ZZR1100 package off someone on here for £200 and got given a prop that fits lovely. After the MOT it's going in and be enjoying 12k rpm. It's the future!
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.