Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pre-IVA photos (pic heavy)
Sloan85

posted on 29/8/13 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by doobrychat
Hi Sloan.. thanks for the sump....

build looks great.. if you want some little stickers for the iva like fog lights etc then let me know as i made a few for mine... i didn't even see the radius tool at my iva as he could tell whether it was right or not which really frustrated me after sweating so much over the build..

but clear labelling to avoid confusion will show attention to detail..

let me know if you need anything

Glad the sump arrived ok. I put some labels above the switches tonight, just printed using a label maker. Hopefully should clear any confusion of there was any. What stickers did you make?

cheers

http://mkindygsxr.blogspot.co.uk

loggyboy

posted on 29/8/13 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sloan85
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
I'm not sure I agree about the covers having to be removable for maintenance. Plenty of failures documented because coverings weren't deemed permanent.

Have you checked the beam pattern on the head lamps. There's been a few cases of lamps that dipped the wrong way being sold.

Nope, I have not done anything about the headlamps yet. Any advice on what I need to do to ensure they are right?

Cheers

Take it to friendly MoT place and get them checked out, or just park it a few metres from a wall at night and see what the pattern looks like. They should be flat IIRC as they are designed for the american market who dont have sided kickups (which is ok for Iva). There is a guide on the furore products website about rotating the lens to create a uk sided pickup.
However some have complained or even failed on no distinguishable beam pattern at all. They are cheap chinese items so well worth checking them out.

Mistral Motorsport

Daddylonglegs

posted on 30/8/13 at 06:46 AM Reply With Quote
That is a nice clean build you should be well pleased

I can't spot anything other than the tie-wraps and exhaust clamp as already mentioned and you have that covered, except you might be asked to remove the tie-bar covers to prove to Mr IVA that the locknuts are locked - I had to for my test, luckily I had heavy-duty electrical conduit tails on mine with tie-wraps so it was easy. Just a thought

I also did not see your chassis number or VIN plate, but then that's probably my early morning eyes

Well done on the build, as said it's great for 10 months, mine took me 7 years and looks nowhere as nice

Good luck with your test BTW

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

Sloan85

posted on 30/8/13 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
quote:
Originally posted by Sloan85
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
I'm not sure I agree about the covers having to be removable for maintenance. Plenty of failures documented because coverings weren't deemed permanent.

Have you checked the beam pattern on the head lamps. There's been a few cases of lamps that dipped the wrong way being sold.

Nope, I have not done anything about the headlamps yet. Any advice on what I need to do to ensure they are right?

Cheers

Take it to friendly MoT place and get them checked out, or just park it a few metres from a wall at night and see what the pattern looks like. They should be flat IIRC as they are designed for the american market who dont have sided kickups (which is ok for Iva). There is a guide on the furore products website about rotating the lens to create a uk sided pickup.

However some have complained or even failed on no distinguishable beam pattern at all. They are cheap chinese items so well worth checking them out.

Do you have a link to this guide??

Cheers

serieslandy

posted on 30/8/13 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
It's near the bottom of this page, just above the pics.

I've been looking at the dominator lights but this is what I've been worried about, also apparently the poor light output.

Sloan85

posted on 4/9/13 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
IVA PASSED!!!

Just got back from Nottingham, passed the IVA with only a couple of things needing attention while I was there.

Power Commander needed tweaking slightly - pass the emissions on the 2nd attempt.
Needed a sticker above my reverse arming toggle switch saying "reverse light".
Needed to file the edges of the exhaust silencer bracket as it didn't meet the radius requirements.

Other than that, the car flew through. Very happy today :-)

Now to deal with DVLA - probably should have ordered the forms before today though - 7-10 day wait for the forms to arrive?!

Many thanks to all who have offered advice over the last few months, couldn't have done it without the information gained from this forum.

Cheers

James

adithorp

posted on 4/9/13 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
Nice one!

Not suprised though having seen the pictures. Forms arrived (from memory) much quicker than the web-site said when I went through this.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

RichardK

posted on 4/9/13 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
Well done James, just dvla to go and you're sorted!

Nice car btw

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.