Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ahhhh what’s with the cars emissions?!?! - Ideas Needed
froggy

posted on 20/9/13 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
Lambda is in on both those emmisions printouts . Looks like the cat is shagged to me , hc is a little high but a new cat will sort it . Cheap cat will be around £50 but might not last for two mots . I see these figures regularly mainly on cars with cheap "half " cat replacements .

[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/froggy_0[IMG]

Mr Whippy

posted on 20/9/13 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by froggy
Lambda is in on both those emmisions printouts . Looks like the cat is shagged to me , hc is a little high but a new cat will sort it . Cheap cat will be around £50 but might not last for two mots . I see these figures regularly mainly on cars with cheap "half " cat replacements .

The cat is brand new from autosave, it is surprisingly small tbh, if anything the emissions have went up not down since fitting the cat an a new lambda sensor

I did pour in cataclean additive on the second test but the results were just the same, hence the new cat. There must be something else I'm missing that hasn't been touch behind it.

[Edited on 20/9/13 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
britishtrident

posted on 20/9/13 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
Many cars run an EFI coolant temp sensor and a gauge temp sensor, but I'm not sure on that car.

True .......................also on car with only one sensor the dashboard is driven by ECU generated values and if you disconnect the coolant temperature sensor on a lot of engines the ECU assumes a default value of 75c or so a moves the temperature gauge to "N".

[Edited on 20/9/13 by britishtrident]

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

froggy

posted on 20/9/13 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
How hard are they trying to get the cat lit?
I've had half cats from various suppliers and some work a lot better than others , sometimes I have to run the engine at 5000rpm for a minute or two and the co and hc slowly come in .

Mr Whippy

posted on 20/9/13 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
How hard are they trying to get the cat lit?
I've had half cats from various suppliers and some work a lot better than others , sometimes I have to run the engine at 5000rpm for a minute or two and the co and hc slowly come in .

I know what your saying but I know the tester very well and for many years so can trust him to have tried everything he could to get it through, he's not even been charging me to check the emissions but he's just as stumped as me

Do you think exhaust wrap would help get the cat hot? It would be straight forward to wrap the down pipe and cat can.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
froggy

posted on 20/9/13 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
With the lambda being pretty much spot on id be looking at the cat . Hc level is down to the cat not working properly unless you can see any oil related smoke coming out of the back end .
Aftermarket cats are worthless for recycling so could well be a duff item you've got

Mr Whippy

posted on 20/9/13 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
With the lambda being pretty much spot on id be looking at the cat . Hc level is down to the cat not working properly unless you can see any oil related smoke coming out of the back end .
Aftermarket cats are worthless for recycling so could well be a duff item you've got

Well there was some blue smoke, not huge amounts just a whisp coming out the tail pipe when idling which seems to have cleared vastly if not completely since the fitting if the cat and lambda sensor, not sure why that would be

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.