Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: CAN bus on a locost
v8kid

posted on 23/9/13 at 07:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Texan
As we use newer & newer donor vehicles I see Can Bus becoming more of a reality for all of us PLUS I see it as a solution to all the problematic cut down wiring harnesses so I'm definitely interested in learning more about them and seeing any aftermarket alternatives.

Even without newer donors I see this as a way to lighten & simplify, things Colin would definitely have appreciated.

Unless I'm totally misunderstanding exactly how it works, which wouldn't surprise me, it doesn't seem to be all that difficult a concept.

You are right the concept is quite simple its the implementation that gets complicated! There are so many interacting systems on a saloon that it is difficult keeping track of them all - particularly safety systems such as brakes, air bags etc.

However for a locost, or a boat, these complications do not arise and provided robust cheap modules can be sourced it would be a winner. However so far I've found you can get cheap, reliable or easy to program choose any two .

Cheers!

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Texan

posted on 23/9/13 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
Doesn't each device on CanBus just use different "frequencies"?

I'd not think we get anywhere near limits of different frequencies on the typical car. As a matter of fact if we did then I don't think the auto manufacturers would be using it.

I drive therefore I am.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.