Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Best kit car as a daily driver?
jps

posted on 17/10/13 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scimjim
quote:
Originally posted by ettore bugatti
The obvious (and the best) ones have probably already been mentioned.

But to be more complete:
Scimitar GTE on LPG and Scimitar SS1.

Ti SST?

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/reliant/all-models/reliant-scimitar-ti--1-local-owner-we-sold-nearly-new/1756829

Very interesting! A quick run through on confused throws up some decent prices on insurance on that too!

Krismc

posted on 25/10/13 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andy S
Not strictly a kit - A Ginetta G32 if you can find one, owners are not keen to give them up so very rare. Someone I know has 280K on his to date. Stock is a 1.6i CVH from the XR3i but an upgrade to 1.8 and 2.0 Zetec possible.

British, Loads of marque history, Mid engine, Glav chassis, Glassfibre, Ford mechanicals, Attractive coupe design, Superb handling.

If you could find one they are now about as cheap as they will ever be.

Good choice, ive just ordered a G40r although it will be my 3rd car and not a daily driver.

I think it would loose its p -zaz driving the same car every day. buy a banger and a seven and your insurance will still be cheaper than a smart car. Although I owned a brabus roadster smart and it was excellent and loved it.

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

hobbsy

posted on 25/10/13 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
Krismc,

Wow, a brand new G40R I guess?

I do like them but would prefer for someone else to take a bit of the depreciation out of the price.

I would also like the sequential box and maybe a bit more power (Rotrex S/C?)

What colour and spec have you gone for. I am jealous!

Krismc

posted on 27/10/13 at 02:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hobbsy
Krismc,

Wow, a brand new G40R I guess?

I do like them but would prefer for someone else to take a bit of the depreciation out of the price.

I would also like the sequential box and maybe a bit more power (Rotrex S/C?)

What colour and spec have you gone for. I am jealous!

Yes, Brand new first one on the streets with a 2014 plate hopefully. Ive ordered white with dark grey wheels, Black and orange leather race seats, removable steering wheel, 2000cc duratec, Aircon upgrade, heated screen.

Similar to this.....

Im changing a few things that no one will notice apart from me, they have that many ordered for Japan and other race cars the usual 6 weeks is over 6 months wait.

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.