Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Attention Chris W please!
Nickp

posted on 20/10/13 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident

Bare (who I suspect we all know of old by multiple other names) sets out to provoke by posting extreme versions of views that are often not far from reality.

No idea who "Bare" is nor do I care, but having a quick look at some so his/her posts, they seem to be posted to create a reaction ... but so far I have not seen anyone post contradictory information to prove Bare is incorrect, so I am with BT.

Just because you do not like what somebody says or his/her opinion differs from yours, that is not a good reason to censor them.

So you think it's acceptable for someone to say you have a 'silly little car'? We all have silly cars to a certain extent, but that's for us to to say, no one else. IMO you should only type what you're prepared to say to another mans face, end of.

sdh2903

posted on 20/10/13 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

Bare (who I suspect we all know of old by multiple other names) sets out to provoke by posting extreme versions of views that are often not far from reality.

No idea who "Bare" is nor do I care, but having a quick look at some so his/her posts, they seem to be posted to create a reaction ... but so far I have not seen anyone post contradictory information to prove Bare is incorrect, so I am with BT.

Just because you do not like what somebody says or his/her opinion differs from yours, that is not a good reason to censor them.

If you two believe that then the world must be going mad!!!

This forum is a very helpful friendly place, this member is neither. Everyone has opinions but we are polite about them and if they are beyond that then most of us keep quiet. For one British trident likes rover cars, I hate them but I don't follow every one of his posts that mention rover slating them and him. It's called etiquette and at a lower level just plain old good manners.

Bare just doesn't contribute anything with any posts in any way useful or politely, full stop.

"I am going use engine X" - bare response that engine is crap
"I would like chassis Y" - don't use that chassis it's crap
"I've always wanted classic car Z" - had one it's crap, and British and crap

So where is the use in polluting a very good forum with idiots like that?

Nickp

posted on 20/10/13 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
quote:
quote:

If you two believe that then the world must be going mad!!!

This forum is a very helpful friendly place, this member is neither. Everyone has opinions but we are polite about them and if they are beyond that then most of us keep quiet. For one British trident likes rover cars, I hate them but I don't follow every one of his posts that mention rover slating them and him. It's called etiquette and at a lower level just plain old good manners.

Bare just doesn't contribute anything with any posts in any way useful or politely, full stop.

"I am going use engine X" - bare response that engine is crap
"I would like chassis Y" - don't use that chassis it's crap
"I've always wanted classic car Z" - had one it's crap, and British and crap

So where is the use in polluting a very good forum with idiots like that?

Exactly!! How most of us feel. Love this forum and don't want to leave because of the odd b'end.

richardm6994

posted on 20/10/13 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
"Silly little car"....oh please!

I've not even bothered counting the amount of times I've read on this forum that Robin hoods are crap, utter sh1t etc..etc....by numerous different members...and this is usually followed by a chorus of others joining in with the same punch line. Being a Robin Hood owner it does get under my skin but I choose not to react as people are entitled to their opinion and there is truth in what they say.....but it's still hurtful!

What I'm trying to say is that if your grounds to moderate bare is based on his/her comments about your car, then you should look at all the Robin Hood haters....or dutton haters.....in fact, probably anyone who hasn't spent £10k+ on an expensive BEC mecarno set!!

I enjoy reading the topics on here and contribute my money to Chris w without hesitation, but I tend to feel reluctant to post anything as I've only built a Robin Hood, and your views on this has been made more than apparent.

02GF74

posted on 20/10/13 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nickp
So you think it's acceptable for someone to say you have a 'silly little car'? We all have silly cars to a certain extent, but that's for us to to say, no one else. IMO you should only type what you're prepared to say to another mans face, end of.

Depends if the car is silly or not but since I haven't seen all the posts, I do not know what this one is about so refrain from taking sides.
The small number I did read, were opiniated but nothing I could see that justifies a ban. .... and no, I am not going to sgo through all the posts made by Bare but leave it to the moderatos to decide.

steve m

posted on 20/10/13 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
That's the problem,

"The mods have left the building"

There are no active mods of this site, hence the fact we are plagued with 12 yr olds, who contradict themselves, but only after slagging some one else off first

We have idiots with one post each that try to send us a link for us to follow, that will probably mean letting a Trojan infected PC

And that's just the outsiders,

we also have some clowns who on rare occasions, come up with the most odd comments, probably drink induced though!

and that's just a part of the problem

WHY can we not have some help in these problems, so we can all enjoy this wicked site

I have u2u Chris this thread, and done so as I am a friend of his, as yet unread

Steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Nickp

posted on 20/10/13 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by richardm6994
"Silly little car"....oh please!

I've not even bothered counting the amount of times I've read on this forum that Robin hoods are crap, utter sh1t etc..etc....by numerous different members...and this is usually followed by a chorus of others joining in with the same punch line. Being a Robin Hood owner it does get under my skin but I choose not to react as people are entitled to their opinion and there is truth in what they say.....but it's still hurtful!

What I'm trying to say is that if your grounds to moderate bare is based on his/her comments about your car, then you should look at all the Robin Hood haters....or dutton haters.....in fact, probably anyone who hasn't spent £10k+ on an expensive BEC mecarno set!!

I enjoy reading the topics on here and contribute my money to Chris w without hesitation, but I tend to feel reluctant to post anything as I've only built a Robin Hood, and your views on this has been made more than apparent.

TBH it's annoyed me more the way he/she has 'spoken' to new forum members with genuine posts. Very off putting for them and why would they contemplate staying here?? Just look at the previous 10 or so replies from the 'member' and if you think that's acceptable then you need to have a serious look in the mirror.

maccmike

posted on 20/10/13 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
I love the Monte.
I wouldnt be remotely surprised if the person in question has no experience of theyre claims except what theyve read in a book.
If you ignore a dog turd for long enough they stop smelling, then they go furry and eventually evaporate.
If nobody even acknowledges his/her comments, eventually he/she will get bored.
Typical loud mouth Yank.

ReMan

posted on 20/10/13 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
I care much less for the gnobs that are able to troll, advertise and generally be a nuisance in their first 2 posts, never to be seen or heard from again.
I think we all have our own level of tolerance for those with an opinion vs those that are opinionated and can work out who is which and when to bite and when to sit back and ignore, but accept that there may be truth or knowledge in both.
But troll or not there's definitely a case for "do not feed" and let nature take its course

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

dhutch

posted on 21/10/13 at 04:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

And if he would say 'That engine is rubbish' to your face, would that make it ok.

Anyone would think the forum was ending!

Daniel

dhutch

posted on 21/10/13 at 04:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

And if he would say 'That engine is rubbish' to your face, would that make it ok.

Daniel

Nickp

posted on 21/10/13 at 05:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dhutch
quote:

Daniel

Or just maybe they're the type that only speak out loud from the safety of their own keyboard?

Personally I think more than enough's been said on this matter so I'll unsubscribe from this thread now.

britishtrident

posted on 21/10/13 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
A while back I used to read the Practical Classics Car mag until one month they had what they termed a group test on medium sized 1960s/early 1970s cars that was utter and complete drivel, It rated the Singer Vogue as have much better steering suspension and handling than the Hillman Super Minx --- in reality they differ only in the bonnet badge, trim and state of tune of the engine. The same article also praised silky the smoothness of the Vauxhall Victor FE slant 4......... which in reality was reckoned back in the the day to be a rough running piece of **** around.

If anybody on this forum posted **** like that they would see they get gently corrected and if the persisted eventually put the boot in.

Bare gives an extremely caustic view, but sometimes the rose tinted myths printed in some classic cars mags need a 6 inch nail driven in them.

That is not to say we should insult the cars/engines some people on the forum own, almost everybody owning a problem car/engine will already know the downside of owning X, Y or Z, but for example if anybody posted asking if they should buy or example a Chrysler 180 or an early Rover SD1 I would make sure they knew the problems before buying.
A lot of deeply flawed cars are "what if cars" What if the brilliant Hillman Imp was free of head gasket problems? What if the Lancia Beta didn't turn to iron oxide overnight ? What if the Stag had the Rover engine ?

[Edited on 21/10/13 by britishtrident]

[Edited on 21/10/13 by britishtrident]

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

loggyboy

posted on 21/10/13 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
Sadly this thread could well reveal why spam and threads that need moderating are getting more common. Assuming hes not quitely working behind the scenes to do somthing about this thread, with no reply from the main man, I can only assume hes(understandably im sure) too busy.

Mistral Motorsport

stevebubs

posted on 21/10/13 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
what BT says; develop a thick skin....
Mr Whippy

posted on 21/10/13 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
I did offer a few years ago to become a moderator seeing I was on the site so much

and that was during the calvinx and hellfire wars...

I think it would be good if the original poster could delete all posts on their thread, that way trolls would have little chance to be a pest

[Edited on 21/10/13 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
cs3tcr

posted on 21/10/13 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Typical loud mouth Yank.

In defence of Bare, he's Canadian i think. Supposedly he's here in Vancouver. And this will be the last time i'll defend him, he's gotten under my skin a few times too many on other forums, along with this one. But, i've started to just ignore his posts.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.