Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: My Ginetta G40r Story so far
Krismc

posted on 7/3/14 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
My Ginetta G40r Story so far

BIT OF A UPDATE

Always wanted a change of car since my bad back started to get worse and before it eventually stops me from driving altogether (im on 33 but im in agony every day taking heavy medication)

As every one keeps txting, private messaging and asking when am I getting it ?? and where is it ?? and when can we come to factory to see it in build?? How havent I got it yet ?? and I did promise to keep you updated here it is.

Well, I Paid a very large deposit some 4 or 5 months ago at a dealer by using my MNR as a deposit and was expecting G40 to arrive beginning of March looking like this..................

http://www.ginetta.com/g40r

...its a beauty isnt it??

Well every time I asked how it was coming on, they have kept saying they haven't started it and will let me know.

A few weeks back I started to worry as I have invested £11k for them to start a 34k build. I first of all I rang the dealer who had no response from factory, so I rang the sales from factory but where unavailable A day after that I spoke to the PR team but still didn't get an answer on how long it would be to build and then after a bit of gentle pushing they said it might be ready in March but nearer April. ??? ahh??

I did say to them at this point that ive got a track day booked in March and April and some weekends away (March, April, May and June) so I need to fix a date or cancel my events so could some one commit to saying it wont be ready until...?? but they couldn't commit.

Still no further forward, last week I emailed the dealer and the factory but they just wont commit to a delivery date!! They have always been polite and apologetic and I really do like them all, but im still very frustrated at the delay.

I then sent another email to all involved and had a phone call with the factory manager today who was very nice chap and under stood my frustration. He said it was due to a large order to China and lots of Race car builds in progress and it might be even mid May before I get it. ''MID MAY!!!''

I really really really want the car but I just cant wait that long so even asked the dealer if I could cancel, he said I can but id have to take the MNR back (the car which I traded in). Now I really dont want to go back down that line, im moving to a house without a garage and ive just sold my helmets, jackets, car covers, rain suits, tools etc etc to most people on here. So I cant go the full open top route again without more investment.

Im not sure I can wait, I sold my Audi Avant Quattro and bought the wife a Fiat 500 so I could drive the company Golf estate and use the money from the audi to invest in a replacement for the MNR. So ive sold MNR and Audi and been without a proper car for several months, im so board without a car to a) Fiddle with and b) Drive properly, I think im becoming mentally scared from not having a car...its the first time ever I ve been without a sporty car since 2000

What would you do?? Well worth the wait or not worth the hassle?

Kris

[Edited on 7/3/14 by Krismc]

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

olimarler

posted on 7/3/14 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
Def worth the wait mate!

Heard great things about the car.

Oli

Krismc

posted on 7/3/14 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
It is a excellent car, considering the Race Car is a 1.8 Zetec 135bhp or 150bhp variants and is F-ing quick. This thing is the same car but with Mats and a 2.0 Duratec 200bhp.

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

gaz_gaz

posted on 7/3/14 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
Been thinking about a G40r as a replacement for my Radical so I'll be keeping an eye on developments..
Rocket_Rabbit

posted on 8/3/14 at 12:51 AM Reply With Quote
I like these but for the money I keep coming back to an Elise with a BAM/K Series swap for a lot less.

Sympathise with you on the back issue. I'm 34 and after getting knocked off my bike my back hasn't been right. Going for an epidural in a few weeks.

loggyboy

posted on 8/3/14 at 02:50 AM Reply With Quote
Pick up a cheap hot hatch as a daily driver. My clio has been keeping me smiling whilst my year long build moves in to its 4th year!

Mistral Motorsport

Krismc

posted on 8/3/14 at 08:03 AM Reply With Quote
Dont need a daily driver mate now that ive got the golf, need a weekend toy thats as fast as the mnr but has a roof or give me excessive back pain. This fills all needs, although I did look at a Cayman and a Exige before deciding on the Rare G40

Kris

[Edited on 8/3/14 by Krismc]

rdodger

posted on 8/3/14 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
There are two in Pistonheads classifieds for sale.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/ginetta/all-models

adithorp

posted on 8/3/14 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
Did they say what year in May?

I've got a feeling you won't see it done this summer. I'd get the deposit/MNR back, sell the MNR and buy one of the ones Roger has linked to.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Rocket_Rabbit

posted on 8/3/14 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp

I've got a feeling you won't see it done this summer. I'd get the deposit/MNR back, sell the MNR and buy one of the ones Roger has linked to.

I'd have to agree. The black one for £21k looks like a great deal considering and you cna have it almost immediately. Your MNR will sell plenty quickly because they're a great car in their own right.

rdodger

posted on 8/3/14 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rocket_Rabbit
quote:

I'd have to agree. The black one for £21k looks like a great deal considering and you cna have it almost immediately. Your MNR will sell plenty quickly because they're a great car in their own right.

Don't forget the VAT on the black one!

Rocket_Rabbit

posted on 8/3/14 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rdodger
Don't forget the VAT on the black one!

Sneaky feckers! Still 9k saving.

Krismc

posted on 8/3/14 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rocket_Rabbit
quote:

The black one is for sale at the dealers that have my MNR, its 21,500 plus Vat and is rough around the edges, nice but not my colour or spec etc. Plus I have bought GN14 ETA so really would like the 14 plate.

Kris

Krismc

posted on 8/3/14 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
Spoke to Noris the guy who is selling the White one very Similar to the one I specced. Watch this space.

Krismc

posted on 10/3/14 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
Spoke to several G40, G40r and G40 racing drivers club cars and totally confused now. People who have only just decided to buy into the g40 cars and join racing drivers club are getting there cars before me. Im not sure how this system works. Unless they trying to wind me up.

rdodger

posted on 10/3/14 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
I bet the guys who are joining the club to race are getting priority to fill the grid.
big_wasa

posted on 10/3/14 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
Are they making you wait until they have sold your 7 and have the cash in the bank ?
sdh2903

posted on 10/3/14 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
I'd be kicking off royally if I'd paid a deposit on a 34k car with no delivery date and people jumping the queue

I know it's not a mainstream car but even though get a grip, a customer is a customer.

beaver34

posted on 10/3/14 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
Not a great story so far!

I'd buy an Elise or exige withy that cash, least there are plenty around and hold there value

rdodger

posted on 10/3/14 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Shame the Zolfe GT/Orange seems to have disappeared.
sdh2903

posted on 10/3/14 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
Also is it not worrying you the used values are pretty low?

From what you've told us so far I definitely would be investing my hard earnt elsewhere.

femster87

posted on 10/3/14 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
This is not going to end very well, I will keep the information to myself and try and resolve things with the company. Just a thought
Krismc

posted on 10/3/14 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by femster87
This is not going to end very well, I will keep the information to myself and try and resolve things with the company. Just a thought

Im not angry with them, just frustrated that I dont get a date, manufacturing is always the same for cars in low volume unless you employ someone to look at it. I work for one of the largest uk family manufacturing companies if not the biggest and if we got a unhappy customer id rather know to resolve and change things, than sit back and not hear and think every thing is fine. Seperating Into road and race divisions or teams might be the way forward.

Having spoke to a lad from the factory 20mins ago he said that labour force is low and work load high, pretty much every line is behind. Due to demand for them from overseas also.

Im passing in a week or so, might pop in and see what we can agree to.

Sam_68

posted on 10/3/14 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
I'd be kicking off royally if I'd paid a deposit on a 34k car with no delivery date and people jumping the queue

I know it's not a mainstream car but even though get a grip, a customer is a customer.

^^^^ This.

Fulfilling race orders first is just about excusable, if they warned you when you placed the order that race cars would take priority, but taking an £11K deposit, then expecting you to wait while they line their pockets with Chinese Yuan is a bit off, IMO.

I'd probably walk away from the deal on principle, and make sure I told them and the whole of the internet why I was going.

If you go for the white car on Pistonheads, it does at least seem to offer the advantage that if you ever lock yourself out, you can probably sneak in through the panel gaps...

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 10/3/14 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
A disgraceful way to treat customers, even more so a paying customer and not just a dreamer. At the end of the day money talks, take yours and go elsewhere.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.