New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: My Ginetta G40r Story so far
Krismc

posted on 11/3/14 at 06:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sam_68
quote:
Originally posted by sdh2903
I'd be kicking off royally if I'd paid a deposit on a 34k car with no delivery date and people jumping the queue

I know it's not a mainstream car but even though get a grip, a customer is a customer.

^^^^ This.

Fulfilling race orders first is just about excusable, if they warned you when you placed the order that race cars would take priority, but taking an £11K deposit, then expecting you to wait while they line their pockets with Chinese Yuan is a bit off, IMO.

I'd probably walk away from the deal on principle, and make sure I told them and the whole of the internet why I was going.

If you go for the white car on Pistonheads, it does at least seem to offer the advantage that if you ever lock yourself out, you can probably sneak in through the panel gaps...

Imemtioned panel gaps and they said it was because of the way they are fixed and how they are so easy to replace. I like them like that.

Im not wanting to cause grief, they never said anything about priority and I never asked. This thread was to inform you lot to stop you harrasing me to take it out and take ya for a spin etc not to slag them of. I aint got a car to drive and havent done a thread in ages. I once again must say everyone at Ginetta are really nice and have always been apologetic.

They did say they where busy and it would be early March as they had road cars to build for china, I was ok with that as they said they would catch up over winter. The guy who said that has actually left the company. My issue is they only told me of new delay back when I started asking for a completion date a few weeks back.

I wish it was as easy as walking away, Like I say id get the mnr back and I dont have a garage plus its probably be test drove by loads of peoplw and tear arsed about....it wouldn't feel like my car. it has been well over 5 months

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

Krismc

posted on 11/3/14 at 06:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Derek Doctors
A disgraceful way to treat customers, even more so a paying custosecond anot just a dreamer. At the end of the day money talks, take yours and go elsewhere.

yip. It is a lot of money, its my savings, my isa, my bonds, my pride and joy part ex and a small loan. Its not my toy or my second or third or even 4th car..........this is it!

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

Krismc

posted on 21/3/14 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
**** UPDATE **** Car is delayed even further unly June .....but as a gesture of good will they are providing a loan car for a few weekends and track days that I have already booked.

sdh2903

posted on 21/3/14 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
You must have the patience of a saint
peter bland

posted on 21/3/14 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
What track days we doing?
rdodger

posted on 21/3/14 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
That sounds like a plan. How many laps do we each get?

Krismc

posted on 21/3/14 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
.....be my insurance!!!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.