Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: busa clutch or gearbox problem
kentmagpie

posted on 2/8/14 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
right I have a definite issue now.

after fannying about with the slave thinking it was a positional issue and getting everything set up properly, the graunchy noise came back again and immediately followed by the same cliking noise.

Ive adjusted the pedal to compensate for over select of clutch. The clicking noise appears to be from where the slave meets the clutch operating shaft. But the 2 are combined, everything was fine for maybe 4 or 5 depresses and then all of a sudden the graunchy noise came back and straight away the clicking noise as well. Im now gonna have to strip off the clutch case to see whats happening but I wondered if u guys had ever came across this sort of thing???

I wouldn't mind if id had the car for more than 5 mins but im starting to this thing is gonna be plagued with issues

kentmagpie

posted on 2/8/14 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
Right I fixed it.

One thing I noticed is that I had to do a bucket load of stop travel to make any significant impact on slave/rod movement. I wound my stop back by an inch and it only made 1 -3mm difference at the rod itself. I also noticed that due to poor positioning of my slave the rod keeps popping out the centre of the piston. Every time it does this it lengthens the rod due to the piston being curved out. That then gives extra travel on the rod hence pushing the clutch out further. Literally had to wind my clutch stop right out so that even if the rod pops out it still won't hit the casing. These things are sent to test us.
I do have a very short clutch now though. Hope this may help someone in the future with a similar problem. Thanks for all ur replies

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.