Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fitting a Hayabusa engine
daniel mason

posted on 2/11/14 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
It will go very well in a global for sure! They are very quick cars in the correct hands!
metro6r4

posted on 2/11/14 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
mine is used for something about as far from its original racing purpose as possible drag racing. I love the car to bits and I wouldn't ever part with it even if I want to take a sledge hammer to it on a regular basis. Its brilliant for us because its so light compared to 99% of what we see up there and its a lot more compact. Since we have had the car we have sorted a lot of the smaller problems out so its going to be interesting with the new engine. i just hope I can launch the car more consistently when its all done. The track is prepped for maximum grip but with the slicks we seem to have too much grip for the old engine.it does catch people out and with the increase in power I can really stick it to the exotics
phil_far

posted on 10/11/14 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
Great guys....i am now even more confused.....

But it seems that the Blade 1000RR seems a good choice indeed...

I prefer to go for a full package from Mr Andy Bates as he helped me out set my 893 Blade and till now it did not miss a beat....the only problem is his price......maybe a nice discount to your Maltese customer would not hurt...and i can always show you around the island and take you for dinner when you are over here....

Philip

daniel mason

posted on 10/11/14 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
On the road the busa would be a better bet in my opinion. I've had 1000cc screamers and the hayabusa was Definately far more torquey! They don't produce any more power and are heavier but have more grunt and work better at low revs.
In all fairness any modern fuel injected bike motor will be a rocket ship and as long as cooling and oil surge protection (baffled/billet or dry sump) are done properly then you'll be good to go!
On the road you'd be hard pushed to tell any difference between the cbr,R1,zx10 or gsxr1000 I don't think. Under race conditions id be looking at at the blade for reliability and performance. On the road I'd go r1 as it will be much much cheaper and just as capable!

Andy B

posted on 10/11/14 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Philip
glad to hear the 893 engine went well for you, good engines those early blades and still among the best bang for buck but the mileage is creeping up on them now and we are throwing increasingly more parts at them to freshen them up and as such not such a cheap option anymore - would love to pay you a visit - I am due a holiday Let me know if we can assist you at all, whatever route you take.
Best regards
Andy

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.