New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fan Override switch wiring
loggyboy

posted on 27/1/15 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tims31
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
Assuming it was a 12v LED, should be fine.
Of it was a standard 2-3v LED then it would need a seperate circuit with extra relays or similar.

Thanks Loggyboy, when you say a 12v LED, are there dedicated 12v LEDs or are they just normal LEDs with resistors to reduce the working voltage? Would the one atthe bottom of here be ok and would that work to pull down the relay?

I added the earths to the switches as I was concerend that if the LED was to fail then there would be no earth to operate the relay from either switch and the fan would not operate...

Sadly those earths render the led useless and the current will never reach it. However you right in that the LEDs may restrict the relay from triggering, but without knowing the trigger voltage/currents of the relay, and the full spec of the diodes to run the numbers, the only way to ensure this doesnt happen is to use another 2 relays (could smaller surface mount ones) to trigger the LED.

Mistral Motorsport

snowy2

posted on 27/1/15 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
Look its really simple....ANY SUITABLE AND CLOSE TO HAND 12V SUPPLY ........Under the dash goes to a switch the switched side goes to BOTH the LED (and then from the led to earth) and to the relay contacts (85)
from the fuse box a wire goes to the thermostatic switch ( AND Pin 30 on the relay) and then the other contact to pin 85 on the relay. Pin 86 to earth........pin 87 to the fan (s)
You only need one wire from the dash!

sometimes you are the pigeon, most of the time the statue.

tims31

posted on 9/2/15 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, thanks Snowy2. I did understand how to have it wired for just the single colour LED and for both the Thermo switch and override but was just trying to see if it was possible (or should I say easy enough) to do with a dual colour LED. It seems that I would be over complicating things and so will just go ahead with the single colour LED, just thought I would ask the question that was all...

Build: http://www.martinsfurybuild.co.uk/

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.