Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Side impact
Gripenland

posted on 2/12/04 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Maybe someone in this forum could design a low-cost version?
Cheers
krlthms

Yes, I could. But would any one buy it?

kokos-racing.com

Rorty

posted on 2/12/04 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by krlthms
I like this sevenesque design
http://www.rcb7.de/galerie-2/index.php
I don't know if it is an optical illusion, a lower seating position (?), side door, or higher chassis side members, but it appears the driver is enclosed by the car to neck level.

That yellow car is a bit OTT, though I like the higher bodywork. The rear end is incredibly ugly, but I like the front/side profile. With the higher sides, it not only looks like a proper car rather than a skateboard, but would offer some extra protection from flying debris at least. If the flimsy looking doors were despensed with and the sides made continuous, then it would offer significant protection.
Being so much higher, the width of the car would have to be increased to allow full movement of the arms within the confines of the car. A much better looking and functioning alternative.
I don't read that language, but in the subsequent "gallerie", there is what appears to be the same bodywork on another car. Any idea who makes that model?

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
krlthms

posted on 2/12/04 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rorty
quote:
Originally posted by krlthms
I like this sevenesque design
http://www.rcb7.de/galerie-2/index.php
I don't know if it is an optical illusion, a lower seating position (?), side door, or higher chassis side members, but it appears the driver is enclosed by the car to neck level.

That yellow car is a bit OTT, though I like the higher bodywork. The rear end is incredibly ugly, but I like the front/side profile. With the higher sides, it not only looks like a proper car rather than a skateboard, but would offer some extra protection from flying debris at least. If the flimsy looking doors were despensed with and the sides made continuous, then it would offer significant protection.
Being so much higher, the width of the car would have to be increased to allow full movement of the arms within the confines of the car. A much better looking and functioning alternative.
I don't read that language, but in the subsequent "gallerie", there is what appears to be the same bodywork on another car. Any idea who makes that model?

Rorty,
Thanks for clarifying. I had the same thought about the backend, but I could not tell whether it was the angle of the photograph and the wide angle lens.
My German is very limited also but as far as I understand all the cars on the site are different configurations of the same RCB 77 made by RCB. The blue one in gallerie 3 is a variant with carbon fiber body.
Cheers
krlthms

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.