New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Refurb Dellorto 45's
David Jenkins

posted on 28/5/15 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 907
I will start a new thread.

Is Vaseline soluable in unleaded ?

I absolutely refuse to comment on that! I'll get banned...

alfas

posted on 30/5/15 at 06:49 AM Reply With Quote
in the past i used (for years) the pictured 4pcs vacuum gauges...and i thought...there is nothing better on the market.
each time i balanced the carbs i had to unscrew the blankings from the carb for connecting the gauges....some of the blanking screws fell down the enginebay...some got lost...followed by some swearwords....

than i saw a mate of mine dong the same job with the 2 carb balancers which you only need to hold onto the carb body. (due to having a conic rubber they often hold themselves)

much easier, much quicker, much cheaper

both methods are more or less "measuring" the vacuum created by the carbs.

important is getting both carbs balanced to each other...the rest (fiddling around with the mixtrue screws ) is done "by ear" and expirience.

posted on 31/5/15 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
Balance

I'm a bit unsure of myself here, but would I be right in thinking that to set all the four chokes to the same vacuum setting
is done by adjusting the butterfly linkages between the chokes so that at tick over they give the same reading, and therefore
are each open the same amount, be it only a tiny amount?

Would I also be right in thinking that at wide throttle openings imbalance of the linkages is of less importance ?

Is it at these wide throttle openings that the important equalities are that the jet sizes are the same, and the mixture screws
are set the same ?

Sorry if I haven't written that very well. Each time when I read it back to myself I seem to understand it less.
It's at times like this I wish I'd paid more attention to the english teacher at school, but there again we didn't have a
welding teacher and I seem to get by with that.

Cheers
Paul G

rusty nuts

posted on 31/5/15 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
You mean you went to school? Technique sounds about right although it might be worth getting the emissions checked afterwards

posted on 31/5/15 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
You mean you went to school? Technique sounds about right although it might be worth getting the emissions checked afterwards

Only part time Mel.

I was away the day they did Dellorto's though.

BTW
Emissions on a Lotus is blue smoke, black smoke, or no smoke. (Won't start)

Paul G

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.