Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Being unfairly "Flamed" - Minor rant
russbost

posted on 26/10/15 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sandwich
A sign of a good company is how well they treat the awkward customers. Posting on another forum "Flaming the Flamer" and trying to score points is not the sign of a mature and customer focussed company. What were you hoping to achieve by even doing this? How many of your customers are Robin Hood owners or builders? You may have alienated many of your future customers with your snide and snobbish comments about the Robin Hood quality. Is it your aim to destroy your business?

Appreciate the response, but I was quite frankly fuming when I found the thread, which I was alerted to by 2 different members on here - I don't know how many others on here use the rhocar forum & I don't want my good reputation attacked for no good reason, hence I felt it only fair to tell the whole story rather than a convenient part of it. I wasn't attempting to score points & I wasn't making snide or snobbish comments about Robin Hood (although they were never known as the most accurate chassis around, I believe the GBS car has a much better reputation?) I could just as easily have mentioned any other 7 manufacturer or pretty much any other kit manufacturer including ourselves - my point was that people simply don't work to tolerances of around 1% on anything that is non critical, if we were talking about machining a crankshaft it would be a different matter.

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
russbost

posted on 26/10/15 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
I apologise for the "mental problem" comment, as already stated I was absolutely fuming, but it was meant in a tongue in cheek way rather than a deliberate slur on his mental health - I have removed it from the original post, but obviously can't remove it from anyone elses!

Thank you to all the posts supporting us, we will continue to do our best to provide good quality products at the best prices - cheers Guys

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Staple balls

posted on 26/10/15 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
I'd personally offer the git some nuts for free, but let him pay the postage, then wang em on a pallet, just to be sure they get there nice and safe.
russbost

posted on 26/10/15 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Staple balls
I'd personally offer the git some nuts for free, but let him pay the postage, then wang em on a pallet, just to be sure they get there nice and safe.

Where's the "like" button when you want it!

maccavvy

posted on 26/10/15 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
Ill quite happily post all messages and replies regarding this matter.

but id want everyone to read through them word for word please.

The hoses arrived today. I ordered 420mm long. one is 425 one is 415 . also there is no nut on the bulkhead fitting side.
Id like them both the same length at least.

Can you advise how you proceed with this matter.

Hi,
our hoses are custom made by hand so some discrepancies are expected as we work to a 5mm +/- tolerance and 5mm out within 400mm is around a 1% discrepancy and we simply can not be more accurate than that, we try to make the hoses to the exact length customers ask but again these are hand made. We would never advise measuring a brake line to be so tight that 5mm would make a difference in fitting.

As for the bulkhead fittings, they are not supplied with nuts automatically, they are on the website as an extra as we have found that many people prefer to source there own, this means that a hose with a bulkhead fitting now does not increase the price of the hose and the nuts are on the website on there own under the price that we used to add when a bulkhead fitting was ordered.

I hope this helps and clears everything up for you.

Regards

Hi.

I was unaware that it wouldn't come with a nut. no where does it say without,simularly no where does it say with.
The last company I used supplied them that's all.
As far as the length is concered no where does it say on your website that its to a tolerance.Bit odd that ones 5mm short and one 5mm longer.
Im a bit of a perfectionist and this will annoy me. Im sure that if everything on my car was to the same tolerance it would handle and drive very funny.
the company I used before managed to get them both exact.
Thanks for emailing me back.
its obvious you are going to do nothing about it.
ill simply never use you in the future.

Marcus

Hi Marcus

I'm sorry you are not happy with the product, however I would point out that had you bought those same hoses from HEL you would have paid a LOT more just to get a "free" nut!

We do specify the tolerance on the website, perhaps we should make it more prominent, it's possible you didn't see it as I believe you came to us from a link on another site. However in 7 years of making & supplying hoses we have never had this issue before, if there is any question that the shorter hose would not be safe for use on the car then please return it to us for replacement, we can do our best to make it 5mm "long" so it would match the other hose perfectly.

With regard to the nut, I could equally well point out that nowhere do we say, "supplied with nut" - whereas, for instance we do say on the banjo fittings, "copper washers supplied FOC" - when taking phone orders we ask the customer if they want nuts for the bulkheads at £1ea & I would say around 4 out of 5 prefer to use the original nuts they have.

I've seen your review of ourselves on the Rhocar site & I believe it is totally unfair, perhaps you would be kind enough to actually put a copy of our response to you on the site as well as I feel that might supply a more accurate overall picture. We have NEVER before had a poor review from anyone, in fact if you look at the locostbuilders site there are glowing reviews from many satisfied customers. You might at least have allowed us the opportunity of putting things right before "dissing" our good reputation in public!

Our aim is to satsify our customers & keep them happy, so, if you are unhappy then please let us do something to make that right.

Assuring you of our best attention at all times.

Regards Russ

Firstly as russ mentioned it didn't state when ordering them or was difficult to spo about tolerances or nuts. his own admission says he needs to make this more prominent.

I will happily post the timeline of this.

I asked him how we proceed. his reply states I hope this clears it up.nothing about putting it right. I then write a post about poor customer service. that's whats this is about after all, and then he offers to sort it out.
Id be a happier chap if he just offered to put one of them right. I know 5mm probably isn't here or there to most of you,but if one company can get them exact why cant the next.
As far as name calling is concerned it shows what level people work on.
Ive got mental problems ,and im a dick, cock fucktard and git as well. well done to you all.
If Russ has said 1st off send em back ill try better to get em closer and if you pay for the nuts ill post em for free back with the hoses. this would have been an AWESOME customer service thread

I own my own business and if made a mistake of 10mm difference id have to redo things at my cost. surely the customer and their happiness is of prime concern.

Understeer , when the front hits a wall
Oversteer, when the back hits a wall
Horsepower ,how fast you hit the wall
Torque ,how far you take the wall with you

russbost

posted on 26/10/15 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by maccavvy
Ill quite happily post all messages and replies regarding this matter.

but id want everyone to read through them word for word please.

The hoses arrived today. I ordered 420mm long. one is 425 one is 415 . also there is no nut on the bulkhead fitting side.
Id like them both the same length at least.

Can you advise how you proceed with this matter.

Hi,
our hoses are custom made by hand so some discrepancies are expected as we work to a 5mm +/- tolerance and 5mm out within 400mm is around a 1% discrepancy and we simply can not be more accurate than that, we try to make the hoses to the exact length customers ask but again these are hand made. We would never advise measuring a brake line to be so tight that 5mm would make a difference in fitting.

As for the bulkhead fittings, they are not supplied with nuts automatically, they are on the website as an extra as we have found that many people prefer to source there own, this means that a hose with a bulkhead fitting now does not increase the price of the hose and the nuts are on the website on there own under the price that we used to add when a bulkhead fitting was ordered.

I hope this helps and clears everything up for you.

Regards

Hi.

I was unaware that it wouldn't come with a nut. no where does it say without,simularly no where does it say with.
The last company I used supplied them that's all.
As far as the length is concered no where does it say on your website that its to a tolerance.Bit odd that ones 5mm short and one 5mm longer.
Im a bit of a perfectionist and this will annoy me. Im sure that if everything on my car was to the same tolerance it would handle and drive very funny.
the company I used before managed to get them both exact.
Thanks for emailing me back.
its obvious you are going to do nothing about it.
ill simply never use you in the future.

Marcus

Hi Marcus

I'm sorry you are not happy with the product, however I would point out that had you bought those same hoses from HEL you would have paid a LOT more just to get a "free" nut!

We do specify the tolerance on the website, perhaps we should make it more prominent, it's possible you didn't see it as I believe you came to us from a link on another site. However in 7 years of making & supplying hoses we have never had this issue before, if there is any question that the shorter hose would not be safe for use on the car then please return it to us for replacement, we can do our best to make it 5mm "long" so it would match the other hose perfectly.

With regard to the nut, I could equally well point out that nowhere do we say, "supplied with nut" - whereas, for instance we do say on the banjo fittings, "copper washers supplied FOC" - when taking phone orders we ask the customer if they want nuts for the bulkheads at £1ea & I would say around 4 out of 5 prefer to use the original nuts they have.

I've seen your review of ourselves on the Rhocar site & I believe it is totally unfair, perhaps you would be kind enough to actually put a copy of our response to you on the site as well as I feel that might supply a more accurate overall picture. We have NEVER before had a poor review from anyone, in fact if you look at the locostbuilders site there are glowing reviews from many satisfied customers. You might at least have allowed us the opportunity of putting things right before "dissing" our good reputation in public!

Our aim is to satsify our customers & keep them happy, so, if you are unhappy then please let us do something to make that right.

Assuring you of our best attention at all times.

Regards Russ

Firstly as russ mentioned it didn't state when ordering them or was difficult to spo about tolerances or nuts. his own admission says he needs to make this more prominent.

I will happily post the timeline of this.

I asked him how we proceed. his reply states I hope this clears it up.nothing about putting it right. I then write a post about poor customer service. that's whats this is about after all, and then he offers to sort it out.
Id be a happier chap if he just offered to put one of them right. I know 5mm probably isn't here or there to most of you,but if one company can get them exact why cant the next.
As far as name calling is concerned it shows what level people work on.
Ive got mental problems ,and im a dick, cock fucktard and git as well. well done to you all.
If Russ has said 1st off send em back ill try better to get em closer and if you pay for the nuts ill post em for free back with the hoses. this would have been an AWESOME customer service thread

I own my own business and if made a mistake of 10mm difference id have to redo things at my cost. surely the customer and their happiness is of prime concern.

But I have already offered to replace one of the hoses - you said you didn't want that??? Also when posting on the Rhocar site you didn't post our reply saying we would replace the hose FOC! That was conveniently omitted, though I see it has now been added.

[Edited on 26/10/15 by russbost]

sdh2903

posted on 26/10/15 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
Jesus. If 10mm causes all this fuss then people really don't have a lot going on in their lives.

Either let Russ put it right by supplying another hose as he offered or move on. Don't slag a company off until you've given them ample chance to put it right. I've used Russ a dozen or so times for various bits and bobs with 100% service everytime.

Just to put life into context, this year I've had a grandparent succumb to alzheimers and dementia, a close friend lost his fiance to meningitis and a close workmate had a heart transplant 2 days ago.

10mm? Life's too short!!

[Edited on 26/10/15 by sdh2903]

maccavvy

posted on 26/10/15 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
Ive clearly posted all this info on rhocar too for all to see and decide.

I asked russ how he could put it right.

He stated the tolerance bit which be his own admission is difficult to find.

Then I posted.

Then he offered. Maybe he should have offered first.then we wouldn't be here with name calling etc

So all im damning is the customer service.

if you read the rhocar post its not entitely flaming more a tread careful .

maybe this should be all deleted and same on rhocar as it seems to be going in circles.

russbost

posted on 26/10/15 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by maccavvy
Ive clearly posted all this info on rhocar too for all to see and decide.

I asked russ how he could put it right.

He stated the tolerance bit which be his own admission is difficult to find.

Then I posted.

Then he offered. Maybe he should have offered first.then we wouldn't be here with name calling etc

So all im damning is the customer service.

if you read the rhocar post its not entitely flaming more a tread careful .

maybe this should be all deleted and same on rhocar as it seems to be going in circles.

Marcus, I have offered to replace a hose, you will need to return the previous one & please give me the exact length to make it to, I will get it as close as I possibly can, I really don't see what else I can offer to do ..............?

BenB

posted on 26/10/15 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
All I'm saying is I suspect I (and most people) wouldn't have noticed that small a difference and even if they had they wouldn't have given a shit. They're flexi hoses after all!!!!

Too many people need to take a chill pill.

Russ- only bought some stuff once from you but it was spot on and came quickly. I'm a happy customer.

Now please can we get on to the important questions in life like BECs vs CECs

maccavvy

posted on 26/10/15 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
Hi russ.

The issue was that you didn't offer to do anything till after the rhocar post.

That was the rant..poor service in my opinion.

Its too late now anyways as I needed to fit them.

Maybe your site needs altering so this doesn't happen again,and maybe the payment page needs to state nuts are extra.

as for name calling ,that's self explanatory what to do there.

Im done on this , needs locking or removing.

02GF74

posted on 26/10/15 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
@maccavvy

I am curious as to what difference you think it really makes having one brake hose 5 mm shorter and the other 5 mm longer in a 400 mm?!?!?

Staple balls

posted on 26/10/15 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
@maccavvy

I am curious as to what difference you think it really makes having one brake hose 5 mm shorter and the other 5 mm longer in a 400 mm?!?!?

On a similar note, were the tolerances on a RH 2B not legendarily something like +\- 150mm?

Seriously though, I bet there's not a locost in the land where 10mm will make any reasonable difference, and honestly, if you're at the point where it's noticeable, I'd say you needed to order hoses that were 2" longer.

BenB

posted on 26/10/15 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
Doesn't it depend massively on where that 5mm tolerance is? Everything is built to a tolerance- be it a brake hose, a NASA lunar lander or a Veyron. It's a question of what tolerance..... Hell screw exact measurements you can choose the colour

If a wiring loom wire was 5mm longer than required no-one would give a shit.

Perhaps in retrospect the RHOcar poster could have asked a simple question- what degree of accuracy would be expected a brake hose of that length.... If the RHOcar brotherhood all sung in unison then fair enough. But it does feel like they jumped on a slightly OCDish bandwagon and slated someone for no reason.

Anyway, peace out. Too much proper worrying poo in this world to stress too much about someone getting their knickers in a twist about something that makes jack poo difference to how a car drives and in reality will make no difference.

adamswifty

posted on 26/10/15 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
I've quickly scanned this thread and from my perspective this is more about "in principle" rather than "in practice". If the site offers the ability to specify length in mm, that would suggest a high degree of accuracy. It's academic if the 10mm tolerance is actually an issue in the real world, its about expectation setting.
chris

posted on 26/10/15 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
I am no engineer but I would find it a bit odd if I ordered two identical things from an engineering company at 400mm put side by side to find them 10mm difference at such a small length I think that is a big difference if it was me sending them out to a customer they would not have been sent I just like things to be right
but I don't like .........

JacksAvon

posted on 26/10/15 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
I was a RHOCAR member for many years, even after I sold the devils spawn of a 3A.

Some appear to have become bitter and twisted since then.

Apart from Longborder, who is and always has been a true gent'

britishtrident

posted on 26/10/15 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
For me +- 5mm is OK but 10mm difference between two hoses to the same order spec is just wee bit too much and I also can understand most people would expect half nuts supplied with bulkhead fitting hoses but that is no excuse for what the "customer" did.

Strangely people are more likely to bitch about a service sold at a bargain price than one they are taken to the cleaners for.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

chris

posted on 26/10/15 at 11:16 PM Reply With Quote
Strangely people are more likely to bitch about a service sold at a bargain price than one they are taken to the cleaners for.

agree with this statement

hizzi

posted on 27/10/15 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
for christ sake phone each other and sort it out theres two pages of this crap now, bloddy keyboard warriors
sandwich

posted on 27/10/15 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote
And all this could have been avoided if the supplier had got the tolerance details on the http://brakehose.co.uk website and the product details included information on what was and wasn't included. Hopefully a lesson learnt by the supplier.
Oddified

posted on 27/10/15 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chris

agree with this statement

Absolutely true, and i've never been able to figure out why...

Ian

russbost

posted on 27/10/15 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
Ok, let's get a few things straight, first look at the timeline:-

19th Oct 8pm, Marcus sends his first email saying hoses are slightly different lengths & no nuts supplied

20th Oct 10am, our reply saying hoses are within spec & that nuts are supplied as a separate item - so far as I am aware at this point there is nothing wrong, customer has misunderstood, is perhaps a little miffed & we've explained

22nd Oct 07.53 am Marcus replies saying he's basically not happy about it but we "obviously aren't going to do anything about it" - his words not ours, he hasn't actually asked us to do anything specific at this point -

HOWEVER

22nd Oct 07.04am BEFORE the above email! Marcus has already posted his "name & shame" thread almost an hour before his second email to us!!!

How exactly am I supposed to fix a problem I don't know I've got!!!

22nd Oct10.15am my reply to Marcus with the offer of replacing the hose

Just look at the response times above - how many other suppliers would have responded anything like as quickly? With every order we send out we send a "flyer" saying that our aim is to please, have happy customers etc & that if there is ANY problem then please ring us giving the phone no. - one phone call would have sorted this out to the customers satisfaction

Further to the above I have publicly offered to replace the hose - why do I want the old one back? So I can measure it & make the replacement an exact no. of mm longer! At present I haven't seen either of these hoses & have no idea whether the customers measurement is accurate

In response to the 3 or so recent comments about "wouldn't be happy with 10mm difference", please let me explain:-

The tolerance given on the website is just that, a tolerance, it is not what we normally work to, it is very, very rare for us to make a hose shorter than the given length, because obviously if a hose is too short it's dangerous, hence we always tend to err to wards the long side. We've been making hoses for around 7 years now, I would guess around 4000 or so hoses, this is the only complaint of this nature we've EVER had - surely that must tell you something. The typical variation in hose length would be normally be a couple of mm, can we be super accurate - yes of course, but it all takes time & time is money, we do our utmost to produce a quality product at a reasonable price. The likelihood of you receiving from us 2 hoses of the same spec which differ by 10mm is very very small, I can't say it's never happened before, but if it has we've certainly never been told about it

If Marcus wants to ring me he is welcome to do so - my personal mobile no. is 07914 258651, please don't broadcast it, it's not our normal business no.

I stand by my original statement - the public flaming is entirely unfair & unwarranted, have we at Furore made any errors - yes, & I have made apologies, offer of rectification & have already or am in the process of doing so, changing some wording on the websites. Please remember the man who has never made a mistake is the man who's never made anything ....................

r1_pete

posted on 27/10/15 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
Well I for one will continue to use your hose services Russ.

As I eluded to in my previous post there is a time for email, and a time to pick up the phone and behave like grown ups.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sandwich

posted on 27/10/15 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
The tolerance given on the website is just that, a tolerance, it is not what we normally work to, it is very, very rare for us to make a hose shorter than the given length,

You've still not grasped it, your site http://brakehose.co.uk/ has no tolerance listed on it, it just says "providing the customer with exactly what he, or she, wants" How was the purchaser to know they would be done to a tolerance?

quote:
Originally posted by russbost
If Marcus wants to ring me he is welcome to do so - my personal mobile no. is 07914 258651, please don't broadcast it, it's not our normal business no.

If you don't want it broadcasting then posting this on a public web site that anyone can access is probably not the best thing then? Dealing with things via pm/email would make more sense than attempting a public flogging of the purchaser and making yourself look daft.

Still wonder why you chose to post up on this site and not the site where the bad review was? More friends here to support you?

[Edited on 27/10/15 by sandwich]

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.