New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Being unfairly "Flamed" - Minor rant
russbost

posted on 27/10/15 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sandwich
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
The tolerance given on the website is just that, a tolerance, it is not what we normally work to, it is very, very rare for us to make a hose shorter than the given length,

You've still not grasped it, your site http://brakehose.co.uk/ has no tolerance listed on it, it just says "providing the customer with exactly what he, or she, wants" How was the purchaser to know they would be done to a tolerance?

quote:
If Marcus wants to ring me he is welcome to do so - my personal mobile no. is 07914 258651, please don't broadcast it, it's not our normal business no.

If you don't want it broadcasting then posting this on a public web site that anyone can access is probably not the best thing then? Dealing with things via pm/email would make more sense than attempting a public flogging of the purchaser and making yourself look daft.

Still wonder why you chose to post up on this site and not the site where the bad review was? More friends here to support you?

[Edited on 27/10/15 by sandwich]

As already stated I am in the process of getting wording changed on that site - already done elsewhere where I have better access - it will be done shortly

Re the phone no. I am still doing my best to help the customer - I rather doubt that too many million people will see it here & if Marcus contacts me then I can edit it out, & I am sorry, but I beg to differ, sorting things out over the phone unless they are absolutely straightforward is invariably better than email when messages & feelings can easily be misconstrued.

I didn't realise I could join the Rhocar site originally, I don't have a Robin Hood! Having now found I could I have now joined, but am unable to post as the thread has been locked, however I am sending a copy of response to Richard who has kindly said he will publish for me, he doesn't want to reopen the thread which I can understand

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
BenB

posted on 27/10/15 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sandwich
quote:
The tolerance given on the website is just that, a tolerance, it is not what we normally work to, it is very, very rare for us to make a hose shorter than the given length,

You've still not grasped it, your site http://brakehose.co.uk/ has no tolerance listed on it, it just says "providing the customer with exactly what he, or she, wants" How was the purchaser to know they would be done to a tolerance?

If they came the wrong colour or with the wrong fittings then it would be different. That would clearly not be giving the customer what they want.
But everything built to a given size is by definition built to a tolerance. So the purchaser would know they would be done to a tolerance because they have to be.
So the only question here is what tolerance is acceptable.
And the answer is?

1) Close enough so it doesn't effect function
2) Close enough to be okay for a perfectionist

Clearly here it cannot be said #1 is applicable.
Can #2 be? The RHOcar OP says " I know theyre not massively out and probably wont notice it". So what's the problem?

The RHOcar OP says " if your a stickler for details they may not be the people to deal with." as well as the above statement about them likely not being noticeable due to the tolerances of the 2b car.

So isn't this really just pedantry?

I can be a right anally retentive pedantic person at times. But I own it and compensate for it rather than expecting the world to fit to my autistic tendancies. If a website doesn't give tolerances I'd e-mail and ask. You have to remember that like most humans Russ is not telepathic. I'm sure had the OP e-mailed and explained exacting requirements then Russ would have be only to happy to make yet another customer happy. It's not like in the kit car business there are an endless supply of customers. Which is why "naming and shaming" a company for supplying brake hoses which work fine and which by his own opinion won't make an obvious aesthetic difference seems a bit harsh!!!!

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.