Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Recommend a sub £100 corded vacuum
nick205

posted on 25/5/23 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
Recommend a sub £100 corded vacuum

Got a Dyson V7 cordless vacuum, battery died, tried 2 replacement batteries, dismantled and serviced heads. Vacuum still DEAD.

Time to replace - going corded.

4 bed semi-detached house, family of 5 + dog.

Recommend a sub £100 corded vacuum please?

BTW - SWMBO & I are not brand proud so brand is unimportant.

loggyboy

posted on 25/5/23 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
Have had a Vax Mach Air for past 10 years and very happy with it.
Mr Whippy

posted on 25/5/23 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
Can't beat a good old Hendry hoover best vacs ever made, there's a very good reason so many hotels etc. use them. Owned 3 dysons, every one of them is long dead and the Hendry still goes strong

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
SJ

posted on 25/5/23 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
Can't beat a good old Hendry hoover best vacs ever made, there's a very good reason so many hotels etc. use them. Owned 3 dysons, every one of them is long dead and the Hendry still goes strong

Agreed, cheap bags and replacement tools as well.

nick205

posted on 25/5/23 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
Aye - good call on the Henry!

We have one at work that's vacuumed offices, factory and everywhere, pretty faultlessly. Believe it got knocked down a flight of stairs as well!

cliftyhanger

posted on 25/5/23 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy

Henry is awesome. I put them in all my rentals. It the last 15 years, over 6 or 7 hoovers, I have replaced 2 motors and a few bits of hose. Thats it. And they work really well.

Myke 2463

posted on 26/5/23 at 06:43 AM Reply With Quote
Check this at asda Karcher WD 4 Wet & Dry Corded Vacuum Cleaner118/9250 £100. Just as good as Henry + wet and dry.

Be Lucky Mike.

Slimy38

posted on 26/5/23 at 07:47 AM Reply With Quote
One more vote for a Henry, ours is in the garage now but it was our main household vacuum for about 10 years. It's needed new bags, that's it!

As a comparison, my wife switched to a Dyson, what a frigging nightmare!! Even when it's working at it's best it picks up so little. It's fine with household dust and dirt, but a bit of grit off a shoe? Nope. Plasterboard dust? Absolutely no way, that'll kill it dead. And then every so often it'll do it's pulsing thing and I have to strip it down and clean it.

Ironically I find the Henry is a perfect tool for cleaning the Dyson...

The only issue I can see with a new Henry is that they reduced the motor wattage to comply with regulations, so a brand new one won't be as powerful as the old ones.

loggyboy

posted on 26/5/23 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
I must be the only Henry hater! they've been standard at most offices ive worked at and found they are weak and a pain to wheel around.
McLannahan

posted on 26/5/23 at 02:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
I must be the only Henry hater! they've been standard at most offices ive worked at and found they are weak and a pain to wheel around.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.