Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cheap Hayabusa Donor
andylancaster3000

posted on 17/3/05 at 11:37 PM Reply With Quote
Cheap Hayabusa Donor

Just found this while browsing e-bay. Looks v. cheap to me. Seems a bit of a shame to break but needs must...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9808&item=4536577006&rd=1

Andy

scoobyis2cool

posted on 17/3/05 at 11:46 PM Reply With Quote
Strange, it's disappeared, must have been somthing dodgy about it...

Pete

It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
andylancaster3000

posted on 17/3/05 at 11:53 PM Reply With Quote
He must have realised it was a little cheap! well if you didn't see it, it was buy it now £2000 with a top bid of £1250. It seemed to have some trick bits on it too...

Andy

JoelP

posted on 18/3/05 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
dont be fooled! hayabusas on ebay are often (50%) fraudulent listings - private bids, daft buy it nows, foreign photos etc. Even if the vendor has good feedback, its often a hijacked account. i used to report them months ago and had many removed.

same goes for jet skis.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Gripenland

posted on 18/3/05 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
dont be fooled! hayabusas on ebay are often (50%) fraudulent listings - private bids, daft buy it nows, foreign photos etc. Even if the vendor has good feedback, its often a hijacked account. i used to report them months ago and had many removed.

same goes for jet skis.

Why do they do that?

kokos-racing.com

ChrisGamlin

posted on 18/3/05 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
At a guess, so they can get you to pay for the goods (or at least a deposit) then exit stage left with your cash!

JoelP

posted on 18/3/05 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
as chris says, there is always some sneaky way to part you from your money - the auctions usually say 'post worldwide', they tell you the item is in a warehouse in holland or some such, and the item will be delivered. Blatent lash!

Russ-Turner

posted on 19/3/05 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
Hi all. Is £2,000 for a Hayabusa deemed a good price then? I don't know much about bikes but a mate of mine got banned just before Crimbo and is after £1,900 for a 1997 Fireblade, runs perfectly. From what i've read they aren't as easy as say an R1 to install in a car. All advice welcome! Thanks.

[Edited on 19/3/05 by Russ-Turner]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 19/3/05 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
£2k would be a good price for a hayabusa engine alone, never mind the rest of the bike!

blade engines are findable for under 500, so it just depends if you want the rest of the bike. IMHO, 97 is neither here nor there in terms of age - its old enough to have clocked up some miles, but not old enough to avoid needing a cat.

as for ease of install, sticking to the common engines is the best way to go - both blade and r1 are tried and tested. so long as you can find a sprocket adapter for it its ok (with some engines it will be tricky to find an adapter)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.