Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Most famous person you have met?
stephen_gusterson

posted on 10/5/05 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
Most famous person you have met?

to count, you must have spoken to em, not just seen em walk by or been in the crowd.

My list isnt amazing........ andy green and richard noble, mark blundell, alain menu, the blonde from pans people (babs lord) and judith hann from tomorrows world.

you must be able to better that!

atb

steve

Tim 45

posted on 10/5/05 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
embrace,
meet and greet at the manchester academy, won a radi competition!

Spottty

posted on 10/5/05 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
Courtney Hansen from Overhaulin (I dont know if you have that)
and Cooter from Dukes of Hazard (the show, not the movie coming out)

Pretty lame huh!

Best thing to do for a build....
Ditch the wife!

Northy

posted on 10/5/05 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Former F1 World Champion Damon Hill

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dillinger1977

posted on 10/5/05 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
while drunk in a newcastle nightclub I once told a fella at the bar he looked like a fatter version of Paul Gascgoigne. Then i spotted his drinking buddy 'five bellies'

He didnt seem to take it that bad, this was at the height of his depression when he was drinking for england instead of playing for england and he was pretty out of it. maybe I contributed in some small way, who knows

-Rog

JoelP

posted on 10/5/05 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
Jimmy saville - he's such a twat

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Mansfield

posted on 10/5/05 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
Lionel Blair - in a Boots store in Norwich.
subk2002

posted on 10/5/05 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
Keith duffy from cori
robinbastd

posted on 10/5/05 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
Harold Wilson,Pat Phoenix (Elsie Tanner) Tony Booth,Bono,Siouxsie Sioux and there's someone else but I'm having a slightly senior moment.

Ian

Only a dead fish swims with the tide.

http://smuttygifts.com/

Triton

posted on 10/5/05 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
Had a slanging match over the phone with a certain bloke who wrote a certain book about building cars for 20p if that counts
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
swood

posted on 10/5/05 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
Most famous persons ? George Michael & Peter Gabriel

Mine has to be George Michael, & Peter Gabriel, I work for a seating company & Peter had a special unit installed in his studio in London, so met him several times but walked down the unit one day & there was George, looked unreal, not a hair out of place, made up & everything, I said oh, hello & he smiled & said Hi how are you !
Also in my younger days my wife & I got on stage with Noel Edmonds when he did road shows - shows my age - nice bloke though

When you're up to your ass in alligators you tend to forget the initial objective was to drain the swamp !.

Triton

posted on 10/5/05 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
Sooty's arse extension.....what ever his name was.
Timothy summat from Aufweidsen pet...sound bloke.
Noricke Abe...mad jap bike racer.
Murray Walker as he almost knocked me arse over tit at Silverstone in 1984

Triton

posted on 10/5/05 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
Ian.......you left one out........Me
robinbastd

posted on 10/5/05 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triton
Ian.......you left one out........Me

Like I said I was having a senior moment.
So I'll say it loud and clear for all to hear.

I HAVE MET MARK FROM TRITON.

Happy?

Only a dead fish swims with the tide.

http://smuttygifts.com/

Triton

posted on 10/5/05 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
Met Kylie......but then i woke up and was pissed off it was all a dream
stephen_gusterson

posted on 10/5/05 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
my boss claims to have slept in kylies bed.

turns out he had the room in a hotel up north she was based in while she did concerts.

sadly for him, not at the same time!

atb

steve

Volvorsport

posted on 10/5/05 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
Jim garner from the rockford files while in ulverston, at a (bloody cant think off it , two comedian type do daas )

jackie stewart,
david coulthard , who nearly nocked me over on his scooter with two birds on his back ( un mentionable reply)

will hoy
alain menu
a couple of politicians .

tiff needell , and ive been on telly 3-4 times meself when we were gt racing .

so no not really anybody famous

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

paulbeyer

posted on 10/5/05 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
Partied hard with the Vapors and the Cure when they were staying at the same hotel in Melbourne back in the early 80's.
Gate crashed a promo party held for Grace Jones and chased out by the nasty woman herself.
Spent 2 days with Eddie Jordan on a yacht in Cannes harbour.
Fred West.
Rosemary West.
But bestest of all went 10 pin bowling with madness and 3 sound checks and guest at 3 of their concerts.

7 out of 10 people suffer with hemorrhoids. Does that mean the other 3 enjoy them?

steve m

posted on 10/5/05 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
Richard Branson on several occasions

Roger daltry (in a lift in los angeles)

Robson green spoke to me at Newlands last year

George Harrison at a friends gig back in the 80's

steve

shortie

posted on 10/5/05 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
Played footie in the same team as Dennis Wise and against Ian Walker when he was at Tottenham.
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 10/5/05 at 10:56 PM Reply With Quote
loads of snooker players (at a charity tounament) Marc Williams gave me 15p tip when i was a hotdog salesman. My Dad fitted Terry Griffiths kitchen.

loads of welsh rugby players and athletics people Linford Christie Darren Cambell

Neil Morrisey

Elvis Costello

The Chuckle Brothers

Geoff Capes

Peter Snow

Nothing awesome though

[Edited on 10/5/05 by liam.mccaffrey]

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

Hellfire

posted on 10/5/05 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote
Phil Jupitus (and girlfriend)
Stephen Hendry
Kevin Keegan
Crazy horse - Mr Emlyn Hughes (RIP)
Daniel Radcliffe (aka Harry Potter) and the twins from the same movie.
Mike Harding (Comic... allegedly)
Lord Archer (TW4T)
Martin Clunes (last week) - jees, he's big!

That's about it I reckon

tri

posted on 10/5/05 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote
mine would prob be all of the people in the band "The Holiday Plan" they a smallish band but they realy cool and were on one of mtv's many "rip off" band things (their words not mine) and my mates met BAM from jackass when i was getting pierced last summer if thats counts

Tri

jonbeedle

posted on 10/5/05 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
Played a gig at Gordon Ramsey's house, a surprise party for his wife. DJ Foxy was there and Al Murray and the poofy geezer from the film 'Notting Hill' who worked in the book shop with Hugh Grant. Had a few beers and a glass or two of shampoo with Gordon in his kitchen, he's a lovely guy, quite shy. Also gigged with Don Airey (keyboard player with all the big 80's 'big hair' rock bands, currently with Deep Purple). Had a nice chat with Charlie Dimmock from Groundforce at a hotel in Southampton. She was there with Bob Holness from Blockbuster ( I asked him if I could "have a 'P' please Bob.."....bet he hasn't heard that before... yawn!) Gigged with Tony Hadley at the Grand in Brighton, Joe Brown in Cambridge and Alan Price in Cambridge. Had breakfast with Roger Whittaker (when I used to service his aeroplane). Had tea and biscuits with Max Bygraves, John Pertwee and the Glitter Band all on seperate occasions on a kids radio show when I was 11. Met John Leslie before he fell from grace when he did a charity auction at a gig I was doing. I've met Frank Carson a few times on gigs and he's always pissed, I met all the members of Level 42 after a gig at Wembley. I have met so many famous people that I'm going to stop boring you all but the best one was Christopher Reeve who played Superman (of course). I serviced his private plane, I think it was around the time of the original Superman movie and I told him that I was dissappointed that he needed a plane to fly in real life. He thought it was funny and gave me a packet of biscuits! A very nice chap, very quiet and unassuming. When he turned up at the hangar we thought he was a delivery driver! The silly bints in accounts heard he was around and tried to catch him as he was about to taxi his plane to the runway! He was a nice guy.
There's more but that will do! Sorry if I bored you all.
Cheers
Jon

"Everyone is entitled to an opinion however stupid!"

Avoneer

posted on 10/5/05 at 11:09 PM Reply With Quote
Went to school with Ryan Giggs, got a cheque and had a conversation with Carl Cox, talked to Kelly Lorenna and used to hang around with Corries own Tyrone's brother.
Brother-in-law is also a pro snowboarder and has been in loads of vids jumping out of helicopters on the top of mountains and stuff and once was the highest jumper at Tamworth.
Oh, and my great uncle used to be a top "artist" and was the support act for Houdini.
Pat...

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.
However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.