Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bonnet mould done!
kb58

posted on 23/5/03 at 03:48 AM Reply With Quote
Hey not so fast on writing a book... that's what I'm going to do to recoup MY expenses....
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Alan B

posted on 23/5/03 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
Hmmm?.....seems my plan is not so original now.....
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Schrodinger

posted on 28/5/03 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
Alan
I've just had one of my frequent looks at your website and see you have finished the molding congratulations. I can't wait to see it all finished.
I'm still at the planning/thinking stage
If you get to the stage of marketing Merkat in the UK I think there will be a few takers from this forum me being one

regards

Keith

poloace

posted on 3/6/03 at 01:17 AM Reply With Quote
Maybe all you pioneers of the mid engine locost should compile a book together so there are a wide variety of design styles and chassis design and this will inspire people to develop new and original designs rather than reproducing someone elses?
Alan B

posted on 3/6/03 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
Keith thanks, I have you pencilled in for a brochure...

Tell me anything you don't like about it.....I'm trying to seek as much constructive negative feedback as I can....

When or if several people mention the same thing then I can maybe do something.....

Poloace:
Yes good idea, I would certainly buy that book....who knows I may have to write myself... I know what you are saying though...the "book" pretty much guides you to a seven replica, creatively yes, but still a seven...I like sevens, but I wanted something different, using common parts (OK, I used the MR2, but most FWD units will work).......

MrFluffy

posted on 3/8/03 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
the more i read your build diaries, the more im glad i stuck with using a nova shell and just made alterations to it to suit (40cms longer engine compartment and a rear spoiler, hardly hard work)...
I swear im going to finish it in a year or two tho...

Spyderman

posted on 3/8/03 at 11:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MrFluffy
the more i read your build diaries, the more im glad i stuck with using a nova shell and just made alterations to it to suit (40cms longer engine compartment and a rear spoiler, hardly hard work)...
I swear im going to finish it in a year or two tho...

That sounds familiar!
Twelve years and counting!
Still, more has happened over the last year than the previous ten, mainly thanks to the enthusiasm from this forum. Cheers Guys.

Terry

ps. if you are mid-mounting where will the fuel tank go?

[Edited on 3/8/03 by Spyderman]

Spyderman

MrFluffy

posted on 5/8/03 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
fuel cells

hello spyderman, 9 years? eek ive been building a bike for must be 5 now, and already ive started redoing things i did at the begining in light of new ideas. Must feature freeze it!
usual options for the fuel tank, in the side pods like the works lambo miura on which the shell is based (problem is the works car did sideswipe into a stone bridge and explode but no crash cages and no explosisafe in them days), over the transaxle in a crash cage, or up front in a cage between the strut towers same as the road going miura. Then theres in front of the rear wheels above the driveshaft area like one of the lotus's if I remember correctly..
Im going to evolve it a bit and make the final decision later. More important to press on than agonize over the details any more..

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.