<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Designing a chassis
Liam

posted on 23/10/06 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
Ha haaa...

IRS 3
IRS 3

Did it pretty much cos it was already designed for the front, and i wanted the same choice of shock mounting positions to play around with different wheelrates (without changing springs) on the rear.

Liam

[Edited on 23/10/06 by Liam]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
StevieB

posted on 23/10/06 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
Liam - it was reading through your post the other day that got me thinking about doing something the same but different to all the other sevens around.
StevieB

posted on 23/10/06 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NS Dev

I looked at the back of my mate's Ducati (guess a lot of bikes are the same though) at the double acting rear shock

There's an idea - using Bike shocks! Depends if two bike shocks are heavier than two small car shocks, but remote adjustment and the chance of sticking Ohlins items on (very much Hicost!) appeals a lot!

JoelP

posted on 23/10/06 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
lots of people use yamaha bike shocks - i have 3 in the garage. They are no lighter than normal ones, but they are adjustable and cheap.
StevieB

posted on 23/10/06 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
See - I wasn't going to post anything about my idea because then I could sit and think it's original, not find out it's been done in a dozen ways.

Right - Plan B. It'll be another Indy but painted pink with yellow dots and blue racing stripes. Bet no-ones done that before!

DanL

posted on 11/11/06 at 12:15 AM Reply With Quote
Doh! I was thinking of doing the same too! Maybe not so original anymore but worth investigating! On our formula student car we used fox racing shocks off a mountain bike...not ideal for something that weighs 400-500 Kgs but perfect for an R6 powered single seater weighing 204Kg!
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.