Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: camping gear (for stoneleigh)
02GF74

posted on 7/2/07 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pezza
quote:

I've got a thermarest mat, they're the dogs danglies.

Seconded, got one myself a few years ago, though doesn't work quite so well with hot rock burns in it lol

thirded. will need to look at the details but these come in various thickness and lengths; I wouldn;t recommend you get the 3/4 lenght one, go for full size.

I think mine is the thinnest too and comfortable enough.

there are at least 3 or 4 brands; you pay more for the named bran therma-mat or therma-rest; one of these has a brass valve that looks like it will last longer than the plastic valves.

you need to get the outdoor shoppe catalogue to check weights if that is impoartant to you.

you can get them to roll up much smaller than the mats, squeeze the air out then suck out the rest so it is like vacuum packed.

ceebmoj

posted on 7/2/07 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MkIndy7camping pillow (I always forget that, Without fail!),

As some one who camps reasonably regally my top tips are as follows

Pack all bedding in one compression bag i.e. sleeping bag, fleece liner and camping pillow or 2 (take the liner out come the summer if you wish)

Also camping in a 7 or other small car is a great laugh on top of beading above the minimum I have ever taken is. Gortex bivi bag, hammock, fly sheet and load of string, that’s the accommodation sorted all in a second compression sack. Cooking stuff and some food and that’s about it.

shortie

posted on 7/2/07 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
Right,

Short's palace should once again be adorning the MK area at Stonleigh, we felt we could do with a little more space last year so we have added an extra annexe to the tent to use as a bathroom\toilet

We have also purchased a new improved large frying pan which is enamel so should be more durable and stick less!

All the normal kit will be available including cooker, utensils, kettle, large frying pan, gas heater, fridge (essential for the beer of course!!), gazeebo (I think we now have three!) and anything else we can fit in the car, actually sod it, we'll bring the trailer!

Should be a good weekend!!

Rxx

[Edited on 7/2/07 by shortie]

scutter

posted on 7/2/07 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
Rich, you mean I don't have to bring a gazeebo this year, outstanding more room for shopping.

Sorry for those wanting to take the p*** but the pink tent will not be making an apperance this year.

I am liking the price of the coleman mats though.
ATB Dan.

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bob

posted on 7/2/07 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CaLviNx
Hi

think out of the box here.

X1 big outdoor sleeping bag (or not if you do enough of the next), PLENTY & I MEAN PLENTY of BOOZE, get so pissed you don't feel the cold and wet from your sleeping bag/open air, then a big greasy breakfast to cure the hangover into morning, jobs a good un.........

Mark you must have been watching us for the last few years at these shows,it works for me but sadly it didnt work for stevem one year

Syd Bridge

posted on 7/2/07 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SixedUp
God that sounds grim. You've got me thinking hotel room, taxi's and mastercard... :-)
Cheers
Richard

They've got a hotel on site. Sounds the best option to me!

Cheers,
Syd.

Also, there's cheap accommodation on site that the stockmen use for the Royal Agricultural Show (or whatever it's called). The showers are sometimes hot as well, and open 24hrs.

[Edited on 7/2/07 by Syd Bridge]

bob

posted on 7/2/07 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
yep there is a travel lodge type thing right in the middle,but i would book now as i made an enquire nearer april and it was full.

Normaly traders fil it up i would think.

ned

posted on 7/2/07 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
is the 70D bit on the spec the weight of the fabric ie weight of material and/or desnity of weave? the colemans and some other cheaper ones are 70D whereas the thermarest, thermalite etc are 150D.

ps just found this one that looks like a bargain:
http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/pp/Sleeping/Sleeping_Mats/Outwell_Self_Inflating_Mat.html

[Edited on 7/2/07 by ned]

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Marcus

posted on 7/2/07 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
DescriptionEurotunnel
DescriptionEurotunnel

You'd be surprised what you can get in a Seven!

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

stevebubs

posted on 8/2/07 at 12:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CaLviNx
Hi

think out of the box here.

X1 big outdoor sleeping bag (or not if you do enough of the next), PLENTY & I MEAN PLENTY of BOOZE, get so pissed you don't feel the cold and wet from your sleeping bag/open air, then a big greasy breakfast to cure the hangover into morning, jobs a good un.........

Unusual given our previous discussions, but I'm with Mark on this one...

stevebubs

posted on 8/2/07 at 12:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bob
yep there is a travel lodge type thing right in the middle,but i would book now as i made an enquire nearer april and it was full.

Normaly traders fil it up i would think.

Try Warwick Uni - 5 mins down the road and has plenty of cheap booze and fit students on-site....

steve m

posted on 10/2/07 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
"Mark you must have been watching us for the last few years at these shows,it works for me but sadly it didnt work for stevem one yea"

the green tent, year ???? perchance

Marcus, we have witnessed what you can get in your 7, with Roland, and yes it defies logic, did you make a tardis ?

the carpeted porch area, and matching wardrobes, was a bit excessive

lol

steve

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.