Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Picking out a nose- and a foam model
Dale

posted on 17/2/07 at 01:12 AM Reply With Quote
I have just tried the grill horizontal - and it looks much better. Actually made it out to the garage for a few minutes today but its been a tad cold lately a everyone here has the flu so even with a furnace in the garage it has not been worth going out lately.
Dale

DIY Si

posted on 17/2/07 at 01:15 AM Reply With Quote
Just a quick question, do you have your chassis finished/finalised yet? Is it possible to move stuff around the engine bay much?

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

Dale

posted on 17/2/07 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
I have pretty much a rolling chassis right now. It just needs a bit of trianglation in the front and an engine cradle if that is the word. (Bolt in bracing over the engine to stiffen everything. I may make a new intake again as its not really any big deal. As it sits I cant move the engine back any farther or it will hit the firewall and the turbocharger low and to the right side which should cause not trouble except maybe heat. For the intake I have used the lower half and made a plenam that will bolt to it keeping it below the top of the valve cover. I want to try and keep the main bonnet line low even if it requires a bigger scoop.
http://locostbuilders.co.uk/photos.php?action=showphoto&photo=Resize%20of%20DSCF0023.JPG

You should be able to see the break in the intake just above the distributer in height where I replaced the whole assembly that goes over the valve cover.

Dale

Thanks
Dale

my 14 and11 year old boys 22
and 19 now want to drive but have to be 25 before insurance will allow. Finally on the road

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.