Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Different attempt at fenders /aero
Dale

posted on 29/4/07 at 12:15 AM Reply With Quote
Different attempt at fenders /aero

An attempt at a different style with cues from the 55 maserati 250 streamliner.

The nose has to be changed as I did not touch it yet and it will need a front to the front fenders. The backs will look better capped and curved over the tire, the fronts would be open at the top but maybe have a small cycle fender over the top- but only if needed by law. An alloy air diffuser at the back would fit in nicely to fill the gap at the bottom of the fenders/fins. Either that or take about 2 to 3 inches out of the back fenders.
Dale

webshots pics at

http://rides.webshots.com/album/96933615lXyang Rescued attachment DSCF0012_resize.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCF0012_resize.JPG

Thanks
Dale

my 14 and11 year old boys 22
and 19 now want to drive but have to be 25 before insurance will allow. Finally on the road

Dale

posted on 29/4/07 at 12:15 AM Reply With Quote
& Rescued attachment DSCF0010_resize.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCF0010_resize.JPG

Thanks
Dale

and 19 now want to drive but have to be 25 before insurance will allow. Finally on the road

clockwork

posted on 29/4/07 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
2p. As much as I like the morgan aero8 look you were going for, it seemed a shame to copy something current. This on the other hand (to my eye) looks great, a style that will be totally your own has to be better surely?
Just one question. Are you going to have a struggle getting in over those sills? What about anything with a skirt

Dale

posted on 29/4/07 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
If I go this route, I would put a door of some sort in with a step when its opened. It would have to probably open forward and up from the scuttle area or so.
Dale

Thanks
Dale

Dale

posted on 30/4/07 at 02:09 AM Reply With Quote
more bonnet line and infront of the front wings Rescued attachment DSCF0003_resize.jpg
Rescued attachment DSCF0003_resize.jpg

Thanks
Dale

Dale

posted on 30/4/07 at 02:10 AM Reply With Quote
& Rescued attachment DSCF0002_resize.jpg
Rescued attachment DSCF0002_resize.jpg

Thanks
Dale

Doug68

posted on 30/4/07 at 08:28 AM Reply With Quote
My nickel on the subject...

Over all I like it and its great that it'll not look like yet another 7 however I'd toss the crusty old MG lights and replace them with ones from the new Mini which I think would look good and can be had cheap from eBay.
Also at the front I think the way front fender curls under will generate lift as air gets trapped under it.

[Edited on 30/4/07 by Doug68]

MustangSix

posted on 30/4/07 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
I like it and think you're on the right track. Better than the Aero 8 idea, IMO.

I would lean toward rounded edges and roll the body work under the car like the inspirational car. I realize this is just concept, but flat 90 degree panels won't look right with the curvy body work you have on the rest of the car.

I can't tell from that view, but I'll bet if you look at the car from the side and squint a bit, you are not too far off the profile of an XK120 roadster.

[Edited on 30/4/07 by MustangSix]

Mr Whippy

posted on 30/4/07 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
reminds me off... Rescued attachment 011.jpg
Rescued attachment 011.jpg

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dale

posted on 30/4/07 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
Just on the smaller scall though Mr Whippy. As well as bit slower.
Thanks for the comments- I have been toying with different front ends as I understand there will be some lift on the front as it sits right now. Some of the racing morgan +4s have air dams on the front which dont look too bad and are still vintage looking.
I dont really like the mini tail lights for my app- To me they look too new and my car is being registered as a hot rod mgb(already titled in my name.)
I had not thought of curling it under on the sides but was going to do the top edge to some extent but I like the idea and should have thought of it myself- but did not. So far as it sits the entire sides could be done in sheetmetal/alloy as it has no complex curve to speak of. The front from the wheel line up I imagine would have to be glass.
Thanks
Dale

Thanks
Dale

Dale

posted on 5/5/07 at 01:10 AM Reply With Quote
TR3 ish

I think I have come up with a back I like, will just have to flair the edges to get a bit more wheel clearance. When I stepped back it reminded me of a tr3 rear wing. The sides still need a big radius - I am thinking around a 2 inch rad top and bottom for the side.
Dale Rescued attachment DSCF0005_resize.JPG
Rescued attachment DSCF0005_resize.JPG

Thanks
Dale

Peteff

posted on 5/5/07 at 09:00 AM Reply With Quote
Not really relevant but

I went to Hucknall on Thursday and there was a TR3 there in Old English White and it looked beautiful.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.