Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GTS, how NOT to run a company!!!
Hellfire

posted on 18/6/07 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stevec
Leave it on. Its good to put a face to a name.
Steve,

ROFL. Just as well he wasn't smoking a cigar.

Phil

graememk

posted on 18/6/07 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stevec
Leave it on. Its good to put a face to a name.
Steve,

PMSL

spw1970

posted on 18/6/07 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
>>>quote

GTS, how NOT to run a company!!!

a) Give out 3 Numbers and never answer any of them with or without a withheld number

b) give out an E-mail address they never reply too....

Bunch of Monkeys im so pissed off and will be driving down there this week to snatch back stuff to the value im owed!!!

can someone confirm they havn't gone tits up, i wanna beat the bailifs to it..

not a happy bunny!!

rant over

I support you all the way! Taking money and not supplying goods is what is known as theft as far as I'm concerned.

A month ago I was so impressed with the look of the GTS Panther I had transferred the cash into my current account ready to place an order.

Thank God I read this forum first. People waiting literally YEARS for their orders to be completed, no contact, calls blanked, recorded delivery letter returned to sender.......

Well, I have just placed an order for over £5000 with another supplier who actually DID answer the phone, DID call me back and DID have a happy customer base.

GTS??? Watch the listings under 'Insolvency Act'

Surely it's just a matter of time.........

takumi

posted on 18/6/07 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
was about to order.. not now... but where..?

I'm about to be ordering a DeDion for my book chassis to take the sierra running gear....

I'm absolutely terrified about placing an order with GTS now..

>They are offering free delivery on orders over £200.. which now seems like a last ditch attemp at attracting those last few £££ of income before jumping in the lifeboat and leaving the ship to sink...

Where else can I find a sierra width DeDion for the book chassis...? :S help..

RobinHood 2B 2.0i pinto, Keihin 38mm Carbs, lightened flywheel, O'Mori remote filter kit, 10 row oil cooler. Modified head, 10.2cr, special valves FR22 cam, 4- 1 header.

fesycresy

posted on 18/6/07 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
Doesn't 'jroberts' on the forum sell them ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

nick205

posted on 18/6/07 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
I'm sure Martin Keenan would be able to make one for you...

http://www.mkdevelopments.co.uk/

BKLOCO

posted on 18/6/07 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by takumi
I'm about to be ordering a DeDion for my book chassis to take the sierra running gear....

>They are offering free delivery on orders over £200.. which now seems like a last ditch attempt at attracting those last few £££ of income before jumping in the lifeboat and leaving the ship to sink...

Although I obviously cannot guarantee it I don't think GTS are about to go belly up.
I have it on good authority that last month was a very good trading month for them.
I'm sure you will get your axle if you order it and agree a delivery date.
I was in the workshop last week and personally witnessed the jig building of Mcbeast's wide chassis.
I have myself placed an order for about £250 worth of bodywork and mechanicals.
I think your safe....
There has been a lot of sh1t talked on here recently by some very impatient people who do not understand the nature and structure of the kit industry.
Darren at GTS is not a saint and he does have some shortcomings but his products are second to none and are very reasonably priced.
I can say no more...

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!

FlansS14

posted on 19/6/07 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
BKLOCO, You have a very good point and to be honest i would be willing to wait for these items as i have no doubt they will be top quality.

BUT if there gonna be 6 weeks SAY 6weeks and don't lie or fob people off saying two weeks OR what my answer was

I sent the pair out but one got damaged!!

so if i go down there there should be 1white seat and one damaged one...

A little answer or reply would prevent sooooooooooooo many pi$$ed off people

plus when you ring his Mobile he cancels the call......

how did GTS ever get so big with people like this behind it!! its a great product and making good money so re-hire that bloody secretary, or more people!!

Its good to talk

Why didn't i just make it simple!

robertst

posted on 20/6/07 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by takumi

dont! just dont.

make up the courage and build yourself one... i had to do this the hard way...

Tom

dhollin3

posted on 20/6/07 at 11:52 AM Reply With Quote
If you are going to buy anything from GTS then make sure you are only a short drive away so that you can pop down if there is a problem. I learnt the hard way!!!
dern

posted on 24/6/07 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
Bugger it, I dont give a crap any more, its old news *yawn*

Look back over old posts. Rather than ranting on here, take some action to sort it out.
The only thing that does get irritatingly boring is this kind of post where people are dismissive of others problems just because they've heard it all before and all the usual popcorn posts. If you're not interested don't bother posting because, having been in this situation myself, it very much feels like there's a load of old boys kicking around being dismissive of the problems the OP has. From his perspective these issues *are* very real. Yes they could have done more research but this is a locost forum for people who are to raise issues and look for support and frankly, imo, that's a more appropriate kind of response. Suggesting that people don't post on here isn't supporting them in the slightest, doesn't give people an up to date view of how GTS is doing and won't give Darren any kind of incentive to improve matters (not that I think he's capable after all this time).

Regards,

Mark

R1 (2003 FI) powered Locost in progress
Fireblade/Impreza

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
flak monkey

posted on 24/6/07 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dern
quote:

Look back over old posts. Rather than ranting on here, take some action to sort it out.
The only thing that does get irritatingly boring is this kind of post where people are dismissive of others problems just because they've heard it all before and all the usual popcorn posts. If you're not interested don't bother posting because, having been in this situation myself, it very much feels like there's a load of old boys kicking around being dismissive of the problems the OP has. From his perspective these issues *are* very real. Yes they could have done more research but this is a locost forum for people who are to raise issues and look for support and frankly, imo, that's a more appropriate kind of response. Suggesting that people don't post on here isn't supporting them in the slightest, doesn't give people an up to date view of how GTS is doing and won't give Darren any kind of incentive to improve matters (not that I think he's capable after all this time).

Regards,

Mark

I never said he didnt have a problem, and quite believe that he does. But the post doesnt help in anyway to resolve the matter. All the advice has been posted before, and its just not worth repeating any more.

From now on I am not entering into discussions regarding GTS delivery problems, unless I am provoked into, as its all been covered before and quite frankly I have had enough of it.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

scotmac

posted on 3/7/07 at 02:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dern
quote:

Regards,

Mark

I never said he didnt have a problem, and quite believe that he does. But the post doesnt help in anyway to resolve the matter. All the advice has been posted before, and its just not worth repeating any more.

From now on I am not entering into discussions regarding GTS delivery problems, unless I am provoked into, as its all been covered before and quite frankly I have had enough of it.

Fine, if you have had enough, then stay out. However, whether GTS/Darren is getting better or not w/ "customer service", whether their communication is getting better, whether he is about to got tits-up, ... are relevant issues for this forum, and should be discussed.

In fact, despite all the warning, i just purchased some duratec engine mounts from him. The ONLY other vendor for them that i knew of, raceline, actually pointed me to GTS. Not much choice.

Now, after making the purchase, i get an immediate automated response that they are processing the order. I shoot back a response discussing the shipping (to the US), and get another automated response saying that they will respond in 6 hours (surprising claim...but great to have goals). However, i also got back a "smtp" failure notice on the reply. So, my main question is, is GTS still functioning (land line down, email possibly down, ...)? Should i be worried? I will definitely give them some time, assuming they are still operating, but want to know if they are not, in case i need to immediately start credit card reversal.

Thanks, -Scot

FlansS14

posted on 3/7/07 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
Right!!

I went down to GTS today to find out where the f*ck my stuff was, walked in and they were nice as pie!. My seats were there, and the cable and the other bits

Apparently they have had allot of problems on the delivery drivers breaking the seats so working on a new "box" for them but there are allot of seats waiting there to be sent out (if there are people reading this waiting)

the product looks great and the price is spot on, just a shame i had to drive down there thinking they have gone tits up.

as far as i can see they are going strong just very very busy which is understandable but just LET PEOPLE KNOW THAT!!!!!

well its kinda cheared me up although £20 in fuel that i will never see again but oh well.

Stuart

scotmac

posted on 4/7/07 at 07:30 AM Reply With Quote
Hmmmm...glad it worked for you, but i don't think a trip over there is really an option for me.

I just sent another email, and this one didn't bounce, which is a good sign. Haven't got a reply yet, though (guess they are still struggling w/ that "6-hour" response goal).

scotmac

posted on 7/7/07 at 05:48 AM Reply With Quote
Yep, that "6-hour" response goal appears to still be a big challenge for Darren. Still no response after 4-days.
FlansS14

posted on 10/7/07 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
Just keep calling them, they guy that works there (not sure his name) can't answer the phone while he's making stuff, otherwise the catalist will go off. but if you call every 10mins you gotta get hold of them.

i think they should get a portable phone..

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.