Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dax CC and Anti Roll system v's rollbars?
Delinquent

posted on 6/10/07 at 11:15 AM Reply With Quote
Dax CC and Anti Roll system v's rollbars?

Does this system work well - is it worth the extra linkages, weight and, well faffing? In my suspension quest I was having a play around with something similar in CAD, and it certainly seems to make sense - full bump, droop & 4 deg roll give no more than 80 minutes change in camber - but so far about the only thing I've learnt for certain about suspension is that what looks pretty in CAD may be about as much use as a chocolate Teapot when it comes to the track...

The only thing I'm left wondering is can it REALLY prevent body roll, or does it just keep the wheels upright while the body rolls all over the shop?

Reason for looking at it is the one downside of the Citroen suspension is a high roll rate - which means either going stupidly stiff on ARB's or looking at Active systems (so that'll be stupidly stiff ARB's then...)

worX

posted on 6/10/07 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
As far as I know it does NOT prevent body roll, and merely ensures that the wheel stays upright through cornering...

Steve

dano

posted on 6/10/07 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
Duncan Cowper's success has proved how good it is.
although people have said they only really notice the difference on the track when your really going for it.

probally doesnt effect body roll just grip

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.