Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: How long will it take me to drive to London...
mr henderson

posted on 17/10/07 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Train is the way to do it. Maybe from somewhere a 100 miles or so out. Anything else is a bit chancy.
Jubal

posted on 17/10/07 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
Steve, you know where I live. I head into London frequently and I never take the car in. It is far too much hassle. Your location is only one stop or a 10/15 min walk from Euston so unless the train from Crewe isn't an option due to the f'ing outrageous pricing for pre 9am travel then the next best option is car down to somewhere like Hemel Hempstead and take the train in from there.
caber

posted on 17/10/07 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
Get the train! book via thetrainline.com check for cheaper one way fares and you might get deal on First class. I came from London to Edinburgh this morning first class for £50. If the train does go wrong it is an acceptable excuse in London, getting there late and letting on you drove is deffo a big black mark.

I presume the Missus needs to get there on time and unstressed. Forget about driving on a Monday morning into London!!

Caber

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.