Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anybody on here done the London to Mongolia rally
NS Dev

posted on 5/11/07 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
Anybody on here done the London to Mongolia rally

just wondering, anybody?

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

Benzine

posted on 5/11/07 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
I entered in 2006 but got about as far as an asthmatic ant with some heavy shopping. Would love to do it again, second sign up tomorrow isn't it?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeR

posted on 5/11/07 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
I've looked at a number of these - always shyed away as i'd never sort myself out in time.

Are you and Cal thinking about it?

jamesalx

posted on 6/11/07 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
I did Staples 2 Naples this year.

Was fun the organisation was sham and a total waist of money, I would not recoment doing any of the Street Safari ones.

I would suggest going in a group of a couple of cars makes it more fun.

I would like to do another one next year when I have recovered from the last one I would like to do the Plymouth to Dakar or maybe the Mongolia rally.

NS Dev

posted on 6/11/07 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
I struggle for time off so the london the mongolia would be tricky but I'm considering everything at the mo (job vs time etc)

I did think that a lot of the european banger rallies look like a waste of money, I could organise one myself that covered 2000 miles for a handful of people.

The big distance ones are much more like it and I really fancy a stab at a long drive in russia having spent 10 really interesting days in Siberia last year.

In terms of european stuff, I'm hoping to do a "monte-carlo and bust" trip next year in the locost, driving it down to monaco via the alps, and back.

not a big trip but should be a laugh.

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.