Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Regimented obstreperous t0$$er!
gingerprince

posted on 12/5/08 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
Regimented obstreperous t0$$er!

Excuse me but I need to vent.

Had an MOT booked this morning for 11am for the MK - same place I had it done last year (albeit a different man doing the testing I now find out). Took the morning off work so I could take it, wait with it etc.

Arrived about 10:50. Expected to wait a bit for my MOT to start as appointment wasn't until 11. About quarter past he finally comes out and asks for the keys.

I looked at his big rigger-boots and offered to drive it up onto the ramps explaining that it's a very small pedal box with very sensitive pedals and showing him the sort of things I drive it in. Then it begins: -

"can I just explain to you sir, if I can't drive the car then I can't properly test it". I asks him why and he said because he can't feel the brake pedal etc. He goes on to say "how could they have tested it properly last year if you drove it on?" Well, they got in the car and felt the pedal whilst up on the ramp. Nevertheless I wanted an MOT so I gave him the keys. Watched a couple of minutes as he tried to battle the pedals with his boots on. Then explained to him how to start it. Then explained how to engage 1st gear. Then watched him rev the t1ts off it and stall it. Then stall it again. Then ask how to engage reverse gear, to which I explained it doesn't have one as it's a bike engine. At which point he asks me how to engage neutral, stops the engine and gets out of the car explaining how he "has to go ring vosa or whatever".

So I sit around for another 30 MINUTES (bearing in mind I booked it in for 11 so it could be tested in time for me to get to work around lunchtime). He eventually emerges from the office, smarmy grin on his face to declare that he can't test the car because: -

1) He can't drive it - Not my fault he has big boots on!

2) It has no reverse so he couldn't possibly get it off the brake test ramp. So how did they do it last year then? Oh yes, they pushed it. The same thing I do. The same thing they have to do with bubble-cars and other bike engined cars that are perfectly road legal!

So I've wasted a morning off work to be p1ssed around by an obstreperous nazi @sshole and will no doubt lose a few more nice days driving having to rebook somewhere that doesn't employ c0cks.

I had to leave in a hurry before I smacked the t0sser in the mouth. Needless to say I'll be speaking with his boss and also with VOSA trying my hardest to cause as much trouble for the miserable b@stard as possible.

And if anyone had any plans to book an MOT at HiQ in Stanningley, Leeds - DON'T!

Sorry, I've finished ranting now

nick205

posted on 12/5/08 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
what kn0b - make sure you kick and cause as much strife as possible.

Might be worth finding a small independent test station and get them to confirm they're happy to test it before booking with them.

I use a local guy who has a healthy taste for more interesting vehicles and is very accomodating.

Benzine

posted on 12/5/08 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like

1) he's jealous
2) he needs to get laid

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
whitestu

posted on 12/5/08 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
Unbelievable - You'd think an MOT tester might have a vague interest in cars and as such would try to be helpful!
smart51

posted on 12/5/08 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
To add a bit of balance, HiQ in Oldbury let me use their emissions machine for free to set up my BEC emissions prior to SVA.

I guess you were unlucky to get an arse testing your car, something I'm worried about when I get to do mine for the first time later in the year.

I'm sure if you ask on here, someone will recomend a kit friendly MOT centre not to far from you.

Better luck next time.

locoR1

posted on 12/5/08 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
That sucks what a t0sser i hope you didn't have to pay for the part test if you did i would insist on your money back as a very minimum when you contact VOSA

I suppose in that respect I'm very lucky a mate of mines got a luego and as a bonus also owns an mot station

Description
Description
Check out my CB500T Cafe Racer build diary

Mr Whippy

posted on 12/5/08 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
what a c%nt

I do all the driving and operating the car for my buggys test as the MOT guy would rather not try to drive it.

I would if I were you

1) complain to the pr%ks boss and demand a free MOT and a refund of any expenses

2) post this on piston heads also

3) sent them an e-mail with the links to the sites pointing out the damage they have just done their garages reputation.

His boss will hit the roof

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
eznfrank

posted on 12/5/08 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
Did you leave some nice big rubber on the road when you pulled out?
Mr Whippy

posted on 12/5/08 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
oh even better, its a big company

e-mail here -

http://www.hiqonline.co.uk/contact/

that should kick up a stink

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

r1_pete

posted on 12/5/08 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
What a total TW@T, driving my daily drive in rigger boots is nigh on impossible, driving in a confined space needs care and attention, so, add strange car, inapropriate footwear, confined space......

Did you get the number of his jobsworth cap....

Create as much stink as you can about this....

02GF74

posted on 12/5/08 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
how very unfortunate.

Contact
www.motuk.co.uk

about the issues re: not being able to test it due to you not being allowed to operate controls and reverse gear thing.

Ask them how you go about making a complaint to the body that overseas MOT as you have not been fairly treated - could be same body.

Surprising they are quite quick to respond.

Coose

posted on 12/5/08 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
I can give you the details of a "proper" test centre if you like, though it's in Malton (not a bad drive out from Leeds ). The guy who owns it used to grass track Mini's and now does trackdays on bikes. He's a decent bloke and will be more than happy to sort you out!

Spin 'er off Well...

JUD

posted on 12/5/08 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
A bit OT, but perhaps the Moderators can set up a sticky where people post the details of "sensible" MOT centres? If the subject had a regional area in it then people should be able to trawl it pretty easily.

Cheers

Martin

---------------------
MK Indy Blade

mookaloid

posted on 12/5/08 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
I would definitely complain to their head office and the MOT /VOSA or whoever regulates the testers.

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

iank

posted on 12/5/08 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
What you need is a V17.
Either http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosacorp/forms/vehicletestforms/vehicletestforms.htm
or go back to the testing station and ask them to supply you with one

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

grub

posted on 12/5/08 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
that v17 form should do the trick and get his na-kers volid
BenB

posted on 12/5/08 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
What a bell end....
I'd write to VOSA, the sooner he gets fired the better!!!

Unfortunately what with MOTs now being computerised it's likely some idiots tester won't know the MOT rules, they'll just how to test the things the computer tells them to...

Whatever next, he'll start wearing a top-hat so he can refuse to test tintops on the basis of headroom....

DIY Si

posted on 12/5/08 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
I had the complete opposite at my recent MOT, but it was at a small independent garage. I would never trust anywhere mainstream with my pride and joy. I pull up, the bloke declares me a nutter for owning such a silly car, and then takes all of 10 minutes to MOT is, as he'd run out of stuff to test after that long. Since the brake roller was broken I offered to take him up the road with the 4X4 G meter. He went a little bit pale and just asked if it pulled up square and did the handbrake work!!
Guess where I'm going next year for the MOT?

theconrodkid

posted on 12/5/08 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
vosa do take complaints seriously,i would write to them and give the details,they may pay him a "visit"

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

gingerprince

posted on 12/5/08 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
Just spoken to the local VOSA enforcement office. They're taking it seriously, so they've asked me to put in writing exactly what happened, and they may if required send someone to interview me for further details, saying that with the right grounds there is the potential for diciplinary action.

Handy thing is the local enforcement guy is having a meeting with the HiQ MOT big-cheese on Wednesday so he'll be bringing it up with them

Sounded very helpful so hopefully things will progress.

It's just a real shame, the other 2 testers there I know are perfectly fine and reasonably, I think this is a new(ish) guy as I've not seen him before.

Funny though, when I rang up to get the guys name (didn't get it at the time I had to just get out before I hit him) the person on the phone I know was one of the other testers. When I asked for his details and explained why I wanted them, there was no attempt to disuade me from lodging a complaint. Guess they want rid of him too

clairetoo

posted on 12/5/08 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
That guy sounds a total a%se....... hope he gets sorted good and proper
I have a good local MOT place - last time I took it in , I was a little worried about a front tyre being a bit worn - he said " of course it will pass , it`s a kit-car"

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

steve m

posted on 12/5/08 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
"Unbelievable - You'd think an MOT tester might have a vague interest in cars and as such would try to be helpful!"

to true! my first MOT in 1999, the mot guy was pretty tall 6'5" ish, and was gutted he couldnt drive it on the ramps, he did try, and very funny as its built for me and im 5'4" ish
so i drive it on the ramps, and doo all the brake tests etc.quite good fun really,

I dont think ive ever come across anyone, who doesnt want to drive or sit or go for a blap in my car, wait!! except for my Father, who doesent like it ????

mmmm Mum, is adament JEOLOUSY ?

[Edited on 12/5/08 by steve m]

miikae

posted on 12/5/08 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
HiQ are fully aware of this thread and now Head Office are in the process of sorting it all out .

Mike

If it can be done it i will be done .

jollygreengiant

posted on 12/5/08 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
As already stated, walk in and demand a VT17. It is your right to be supplied one and watch their faces as you do it. If their is one thing that test centres DO NOT like its an appeal for ANY reason.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

graememk

posted on 12/5/08 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by miikae
HiQ are fully aware of this thread and now Head Office are in the process of sorting it all out .

Mike

tell us more mike

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.