Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: In-car entertainment.
locost_bryan

posted on 19/5/04 at 12:34 AM Reply With Quote
If M. Schmacher and J. Button can listen to talkback radio while they're driving on the A1(ring), why can't the rest of us?

Anyway, if you want to listen to "Born to be Wild", just grow long hair so the plods can't see your ear plugs...

... and shouldn't our fave rave be "ess club 7" (the more esses the better!)?

Bryan Miller
Auckland NZ

Bruce McLaren - "Where's my F1 car?"
John Cooper - "In that rack of tubes, son"

JamJah

posted on 19/5/04 at 11:04 AM Reply With Quote
Arent some of you missing the point a tad. headphones are only illegal in both ears. you can still have mono. I like the mounted speakers idea. But then my locost is goning to be finished when petrol is £90.00 a litre at this rate!
locost_bryan

posted on 21/5/04 at 12:45 AM Reply With Quote
Some MX-5's had speakers in the headrests - wouldn't be hard to add "wings" to your head restraint and fit speakers.

But lets face it, if you want to listen to the wireless you'd hear it better with a cup of tea in the kitchen

Bryan Miller
Auckland NZ

Bruce McLaren - "Where's my F1 car?"
John Cooper - "In that rack of tubes, son"

madman280

posted on 29/8/04 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
I really don't think headphones are illegal here in North America. I'm also quite sure deaf people are allowed to drive. I would even think that the wind buffeting in the cockpit at highway speeds could cause deafness. Many people wear earplugs when riding motorcycles and open cocpit cars on the highway for this very reason.
Now to the subject at hand..anyone tried something like this: http://www.autocom.co.uk
would be nice to have some music from a MP3 player, talk with the passenger and talk handsfree on the mobile phone.

ptrxly

posted on 3/9/04 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
In-car entertainment

I have MX5 (Miata) seats with speakers in the headrests in my TVR Tasmin and they are just fine, allowing me to hear the stereo at any speed. -much better than the factory setup both in sound and comfort. Also, I fround that wearing earplugs for longer trips in my old Westfield Eleven or on my motorbike made the event much more enjoyable and less tiring. That been said, my hearing in the higher frequencies is almost gone!
mackie

posted on 3/9/04 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
I might wire in a ciggy lighter socket so I can use my satnav system in the car.
Now I just need an add on which gives reads out pace notes for you

Markp

posted on 6/9/04 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
I have a cd player in mine, and it is nice to have. When driving around town it is turned off but when I went to Le Mans this year it was nice to get rid of the constant noise of the exhaust (which went on for 6-7 hours each way) and listen to some of my favourite tunes. I enjoy the sound of the car but not for hours on end.

I have side screens fitted and can still hear the music at 90mph and talk to the passenger (if I want ) And when the hood goes on it gets rid of all the little noises you don't want to hear.

I use my car for hours upon end and have never regretted fitting the radio.

Just my opinion

Mark

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.