Author: Subject: Snapped right wishbone
livelee

posted on 18/4/09 at 07:43 AM Reply With Quote
How's this looking?
justinnewton

posted on 18/4/09 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by martylemoo
I do not know why you guys dance around the issues I have repeatedly seen with Mac#1.

It would seem that their cars are built for polishers not drivers. My friend had a factory built Mac#1 and it was absolutely terrible. The build quality was similar to that of a GCSE student building his first car.

If anyone has a Mac thats actually straight geometrically I would be surprised. The quality of components is just not upto the job and the suspension technology is non existent.

Come on Mac, sort these issues out, other companies seem to get it right but I have no evidence you have.

I was lucky enough to witness Colin constructing a chassis recently for what I'm sure will be another entirely happy customer. He was using a jig to make sure everything was square and the suspension mounts were in exactly the right places. I am also happy to report that my Mac 1 drives in a straight line and in my opinion looks a lot smarter than most of the 7 style efforts displayed at the Detling kit car show earlier this month.

dean100yz

posted on 18/4/09 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by livelee
How's this looking?

I spoke to them early part of the week. Ive been told that most of the parts I wanted replaced are now ready, powder coated and ready to be fitted.

Due to SVA and so many MAC customers wanting theres done in time they have not yet properly started on my car

I saw the same as Justin and think the quality should be spot on. Will chase them up midweek unless they call me before. Still hoping to pickup end of month

Im really contemplating some willwood front calipers but leave the rear sierra calipers on. Think I need a breakdown on costs first to find out if Im gonna be able to afford it!!

Wanting the car back now...3 weeks goes slow when you want something!

dean100yz

posted on 14/5/09 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
Been a lil while since the last post.

Been speaking to Collin a fair bit. All good now from what Ive been told. Working on being completed or damn close for end of next week

Still contemplating some Willwood calipers on the front. Its more money to fork out but is the difference really worth it?

Ive def at the limits with the std sierra calipers at the moment. They wont lock even pushing like crazy but thats not to say it doesnt stop damn quick!

giggsy

posted on 14/5/09 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, because they will not fade so much on a trackday and if you can't lock the front wheels thats hopeless.Not that you want to be locking wheels. Brakes are as important as power but what do i know. I have only been in a 1100 blackbird engine westfield which had crap brakes.I'll know more when i have build and thrashed mine!

zx10r

Hellfire

posted on 15/5/09 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
If your standard Sierra brakes won't lock your kit car up, there's gotta be something wrong. Try changing the pads first for something like Mintex 1144's. If they don't work, the problem lies elsewhere. If they can lock up a Sierra, they should be able to lock up something that weighs less than half.

If you're going to change the calipers, you might as well change the vented disks for solid ones too. You will notice the difference

Phil

dean100yz

posted on 15/5/09 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the info Phil. Ive had the calipers off and there all copper greased. Bleed the lines for air and put a load of new Halfords DOT4 in there too. Old stuff was real black.

After the difference was much better. Felt more progressive and same power on each wheel. I questioned the pads as there EBC greenstuff and thought maybe there a little too hard wearing.

The lines are already braided but didnt think changing the discs would really make that much difference?? Thought it was more to disperse heat rather than improve power or am I just being stupid...

Does anyone else run the sierra's then and find lock up quite easy?

eccsmk

posted on 15/5/09 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
im now using soild discs (changed from vented) standard sierra m/c and solid rear discs
it will lock them any time you like without any problems
also my pads are cheapo motor factor ones on the rear and the fronts are mintex 1144
HTH

dean100yz

posted on 16/5/09 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
A mate of mine said it was pads and that rears would be fine but change the front. He said about bout Ferodo? pads as well. They seem alot of money though and squeal too on his
Slater

posted on 22/5/09 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
I have std sierra calipers on the front with vented discs and standard pads from motor factors. Rears are drums from the sierra and standard shoes from motor factor. The fronts will lock up no problem.

Actually the brakes are supprisingly good, although I have not had it on a track or really pushed the car yet.

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

dean100yz

posted on 30/5/09 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
Its almost done!!

After speaking to Collin today and being easily persuaded to get the 4 pots we have worked a 'rough' guide on price and I should hope to see it near or maybe even completed within the next week or so.

Cannot tell you how excited I am now...new carbon aero screen, new rear boot, new shocks, new brakes, quick shifter fitted...oh im like a big kid!!

Pics will be up just as soon as I got it!

dean100yz

posted on 23/6/09 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
OK the call Ive been waiting for has finally happened!!

I pick it up thursday on my day off

Its been 3 months since I dropped it off

Have been told that everything I asked has been done (it was a big list) and there just finishing the exhaust wednesday

Bring it on!!!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.