Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: turbo or supercharger for 1.6 zetec se
beaver34

posted on 1/1/10 at 12:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by terryroberts
hi guys if you can hang on till mid 2010 then fords will be putting out a 1.6 turbo sigma motor will 185bhp as std. so to be followed with a 230bhp one..

cheers terry

thats what im waiting for, so i can buy off the shelf stuff if it will fit, working for ford also helps

joe90

posted on 28/2/10 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
Tuning a Zetec SE

Hi - I'm new to this forum - planning to build a Sylva J15 - interested in tuning a zetec SE - would like to get hold of Paul Collingwoods' spec for the parts he used.

Any help much appreciated - Cheers

beaver34

posted on 28/2/10 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by joe90
Hi - I'm new to this forum - planning to build a Sylva J15 - interested in tuning a zetec SE - would like to get hold of Paul Collingwoods' spec for the parts he used.

have a look at the shawspeed website, i will have a 200bhp se in around 2 weeks built with jons parts

ncoll

posted on 28/2/10 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I am sure Paul wouldn't mind me telling you the spec of his engine, the cylinder head is one of my flow benched developed standard valve size fast road heads. The cams a rally spec, standard pistons but with pockets in, steel rods. It has 38 mil throttle bodies, exhaust manifold is standard road car riot. The car develops 192 bhp at 7900rpm. I am at present developing a big valve head for this years engine. I will put a graph on of the big valve flow and percentage increases later. The reason it is a fast road head is that this was all it was going to be used for in the beginning. Then it became a trackday car, then a race car, but still with the drivability of a road car.

neil collingwood

ncoll

posted on 28/2/10 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote

This is a graph of the big valve inlet port flow of the SE development head, below it to the right is the percentages increase in flow, i have now got to start on the exhaust.

neil

[Edited on 28/2/10 by ncoll]

pocket rocket

posted on 24/3/10 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
wow thats impressive!

just going back to the emerald ecu, is it a plug and play job?...
Can i just ditch my ecu, plug in the emerald with standard injectors, inlet manifold etc and have myself 8k RPM and a few extra horses... and then rolling road it when i add new cams, inlet etc or is it not as simple as that?

i might be able to live without a turbo if i can have an 8k rpm engine

Dam...iv consused my ability with my intentions!

beaver34

posted on 24/3/10 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pocket rocket
wow thats impressive!

just going back to the emerald ecu, is it a plug and play job?...
Can i just ditch my ecu, plug in the emerald with standard injectors, inlet manifold etc and have myself 8k RPM and a few extra horses... and then rolling road it when i add new cams, inlet etc or is it not as simple as that?

i might be able to live without a turbo if i can have an 8k rpm engine

to rev to 8k your going to need to do the valve spring on the head to stop valve bounce, also rod bolts, only shawspeed make them for the se engine as far as im aware, no point revving it that hard unless the cams are desinged to give power that high, it will need to be mapped before, if you were running omex on at shawspeed has base maps for differnt setups you can use,

cr500dom

posted on 2/5/12 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Madinventions
Here's a supercharged 1600 Zetec-S project... Uses an Eaton M45.
Linky
1600cc all alloy 16v Zetec SE
Eaton M45 Supercharger
Behr Chargecooler (Watercooled inlet charge)
DTA S60 pro ECU

Probably expensive too! <sigh>

Thats My Kadett project
Thanks for the kind words.
Its not as simple as "Bolt on a mini charger" though, the case needs modifying, mounts need making, the manifold is a custom one off with the chargecooler etc etc.
You also need a new water outlet / thermostat housing to suit.
I have just got hold of a Lysholm Supercharger for Phase 2 engine build so the original set up will be for sale complete once I know the new charger will fit
Cheers
Dom

Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 2/5/12 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
HOLY THREAD RESURRECTION BATMAN!

2yrs 2 months. gotta be a record......

cr500dom

posted on 2/5/12 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Norfolkluegojnr

The power of google you see

beaver34

posted on 2/5/12 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cr500dom
quote:
Originally posted by Norfolkluegojnr

The power of google you see

allways looked at your thread wandering how it turned out!

cr500dom

posted on 2/5/12 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by beaver34

allways looked at your thread wandering how it turned out!

Its still ongoing, back on it again after an enforced layoff due to life and logistics getting in the way !!

latest development is getting it up and running on AT-Power throttle bodies initially, then add the new lysholm supercharger to ITB Set up as well

More up to date thread is here: http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=readersrides&thread=36727&page=25#1571059

Cheers
Dom

Steve PH

posted on 2/5/12 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
Since I last replied (two years ago!) I've supercharged my Westfield, these are the before and after dyno results -

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
beaver34

posted on 2/5/12 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
Cool,

I'll check the thread out

This is mine itbs and turbo zetec se, on engine dyno next week

cr500dom

posted on 3/5/12 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
Nice !!
Have you got any more pics of the Jenvey Plenum ?

beaver34

posted on 3/5/12 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Nice !!

Yeah loads, any spesific bits of it?

cr500dom

posted on 18/5/12 at 07:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by beaver34
quote:
Nice !!

Yeah loads, any spesific bits of it?

Just some general views of it, internals and outside, there is not a lot of info on their site about it ?
I will need to do something similar when I fit the lysholm and I`m currently looking at making a carbon airbox "BAck plate" that can work for N/A initially and then take a balanced pressure twin plenum for when I pressure charge it.
many thanks
Dom

[Edited on 18/5/12 by cr500dom]

dexion7

posted on 8/7/12 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ncoll
quote:

I am sure Paul wouldn't mind me telling you the spec of his engine, the cylinder head is one of my flow benched developed standard valve size fast road heads. The cams a rally spec, standard pistons but with pockets in, steel rods. It has 38 mil throttle bodies, exhaust manifold is standard road car riot. The car develops 192 bhp at 7900rpm. I am at present developing a big valve head for this years engine. I will put a graph on of the big valve flow and percentage increases later. The reason it is a fast road head is that this was all it was going to be used for in the beginning. Then it became a trackday car, then a race car, but still with the drivability of a road car.

neil collingwood

off topic slightly but I bought Paul's Riot (less engine) and its getting a busa turbo in it!

BaileyPerformance

posted on 9/7/12 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by boggle
t2.5 and a decompression plate with a 5th injector...tis as simple as that...

No need to decompress a turbo zetec if you go for engine management such as megasquirt.

We have run 20PSI of boost on a stock 2.0L (9.5/CR) using 98RON with no sign of detonation.

Most of the big tuners are raising compression on there turbo conversions not lowering it, this has been the trend for afew years - i beleave Mountune started this trend with there Cosworth YB turbo rally engines (10/1CR 1bar boost 300BHP)

Lower compression is only a must when you are running very high boost levels or poor fuel or poor engine management.

De-compressing a motor makes throttle response worse and lowers MPG during normal driving.

5th injector does work, but suffers from poor fuel distribution within the inlet manifold, for this reason it should not be used.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.