Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Headlight covers Fury
snowlimit

posted on 14/8/10 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
found this from a message on the Sylva Chat list... I like to think Id like a pair of these but Im not sure about changing my exisiting light fitting... shame I didnt see it all earlier as Im in Bristol, up and down the M4 regulary and hooning up near Stroud alot too, so could have helped earlier on....keep me in the loop and will see how this develops...
dickie b

posted on 15/8/10 at 06:56 AM Reply With Quote
Good stuff - Sadly I cant seem to upload pics to Sylva chat list, but pictures of the moulds are in my photo archive / member profile.

Hopefully will give a fair idea of appearance until the first units come through. Andy has done a great job here.

Fury1630

posted on 25/8/10 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
I Want A Pair Too!

Hello, signed up to the site just so I can put my name down for a pair of covers when they're available.

Ta

Tony H

dickie b

posted on 30/8/10 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
Andy sent me a quick update - he is not far off being ready to manufacture the covers in both carbon fibre, 'clear' and cheaper 'disposable' plastic for racing use.

Some latest pictures on my profile - but just be aware that these are very much prototypes while Andy finalises the materials, tooling etc..

ta
Richard

Jos Fury

posted on 1/9/10 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
As it looks now I cannot get access to my Fury for the next months ( and even longer maybe ).. Instead
of changing gearbox & engine from 4AGE + T9 into 3SGE + MT75 myself, I decided to have it done
elsewhere . They F*****D up bigtime and it took them a year so far Now they do not want to finish
it without me paying more. ( even though I sponsered them enough the last year )...
I will consider purchasing the covers anyhow !!

[Edited on 1/9/10 by Jos Fury]

MK9R

posted on 6/9/10 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
see here for first set fitted:-

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=142603

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fury1630

posted on 27/9/10 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
Got Them

Andy sent me a set of 2mm "road" covers on Friday - too many other jobs to fit them just yet, but it looks to me as if I can move the lights down & inboard a little then they'll fit over the trim rings. I have stainless trim rings so I may even drill them & add riv-nuts as a mounting. The important thing though is that they seem to be an excellent fit for the shape.
Fury1630

posted on 28/9/10 at 06:45 AM Reply With Quote
Looking OK

Started fitting the lights yesterday, I moved the headlight inb'd & down & it looks like the 2mm covers will fit with the trim rings. Can't see how to add pictures, but there's one in my archive.

T

clairetoo

posted on 28/9/10 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fury1630
Started fitting the lights yesterday, I moved the headlight inb'd & down & it looks like the 2mm covers will fit with the trim rings. Can't see how to add pictures, but there's one in my archive.

T

Hows this ...............

Image deleted by owner

Gotta say I'm tempted

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

stevebubs

posted on 28/9/10 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
If there were a bit more of an overlap, they could be fastened down by a few bike fairing bolts....
Jos Fury

posted on 29/9/10 at 05:31 AM Reply With Quote
Do you have some more pics perhaps ?
Fury1630

posted on 30/9/10 at 08:03 AM Reply With Quote
More Pics

quote:
Originally posted by Jos Fury

Now I've fitted them properly, there are a few better photos in my archive.

They look Goooooooooood!

I had to move the lights down & inboard by about 5-10mm, which was easy enough & I removed the rubber gasket to move the lights back twards the body a bit. I then fitted M3 riv-nuts to the trim ring in three places (one has a spacer) & at the front I used a Dremel with a cutting disk to make a slot in the body & sikaflexed a simple "lolly stick" bracket with a forth M3 riv-nut in. I've bought it into work today & they haven't fallen off. I have sealed round the inside of the light shell with sikaflex as it's now missing a gasket.

T

[Edited on 30/9/10 by Fury1630]

Jos Fury

posted on 30/9/10 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
Thank's and well done !
MK9R

posted on 30/9/10 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fury1630
quote:
Originally posted by Jos Fury

Now I've fitted them properly, there are a few better photos in my archive.

They look Goooooooooood!

I had to move the lights down & inboard by about 5-10mm, which was easy enough & I removed the rubber gasket to move the lights back twards the body a bit. I then fitted M3 riv-nuts to the trim ring in three places (one has a spacer) & at the front I used a Dremel with a cutting disk to make a slot in the body & sikaflexed a simple "lolly stick" bracket with a forth M3 riv-nut in. I've bought it into work today & they haven't fallen off. I have sealed round the inside of the light shell with sikaflex as it's now missing a gasket.

T

very neat!!!

Some more of mine now all fitted up and have withstood a race weekend.

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Creative Andy

posted on 1/10/10 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
overlap

quote:
Originally posted by stevebubs
If there were a bit more of an overlap, they could be fastened down by a few bike fairing bolts....

No problem they can be supplied the same size as the 1mm racing sets, that are designed to fit on to the surrounding bodywork....Andy. Any more takers?

hobbsy

posted on 1/10/10 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
What's the preferred fixing method if they are of the overlap type?

I guess Austen has done his with very sticky double sided tape and that suits his colour scheme but I can't think how I could make that work on mine.

Anyone got any photos of an overlapped set held on with bolts?

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.