Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Megasquirt & Android phones/tablets
scudderfish

posted on 18/10/11 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
Just had first reports in of success in connecting to and getting data from an MS2. Some of the logged values are borked, but it basically works. Happy days

matt_gsxr

posted on 25/10/11 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
Yup, it works. Nice work.
scudderfish

posted on 25/10/11 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote

Talkiet

posted on 20/12/11 at 06:29 AM Reply With Quote
I'm having very spotty comms with my MS2 Extra310. I can get the M and S banners occasionally, but also get errors and disconnects. I don't think it's your app as I also get weirdness with Tunerstudio. I did get one of the BT adaptors you recommended (BT-232B-E) and I can get easy BT pairing etc between both my phones (Galaxy Nexus and Desire) and my laptop...

I also got 2 of the BT adaptors and both do the same.

I have set the adaptors to 115200, 8N1...

As I say, not an issue with your SW, I just hoped maybe you had some pointers given you have used the same BT adaptor (or know someone who has used it successfully)

(I have emailed logs to you separately)

I am able to get a reliable USB-Serial connection to Tunerstudio with a Prolific adaptor so I think the MS is ok.

I did read somewhere about mods to the MS required to use a BT adaptor but nothing on your page so I am hoping that was for much older hardware or adaptors without the config options these have?

Cheers - Neil G

ps. Edit - WOW, can't believe this is my first post here - I have been reading for ages! I have a Toyota based 4AGE locost Toy with IRS and LSD.

[Edited on 20/12/11 by Talkiet]

scudderfish

posted on 24/12/11 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
I thought it not fair to be charging for something I couldn't properly support, debugging connectivity issues at a distance is no fun at all, and the level of sales didn't make it worthwhile. Consequently I'm releasing MSLogger and it's supporting application into the wild. The source for MSLogger can be found here :-

https://bitbucket.org/scudderfish/mslogger

It has a companion command line application call Normaliser. This does the heavy lifting of translating an MS INI file into a Java class. The source for that can be found here :-

https://bitbucket.org/scudderfish/normaliser

I'm going to carry on developing it for my own use and fun, but if you want to take a stab at doing your own thing, go right ahead. If you happen to fix any bugs, I'd appreciate a patch.

Regards,
Dave

MrFluffy

posted on 11/1/12 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
Ill try your stuff when I get time because a pocket contained datalogger would be mighty handy for me on the track, but mainly Im posting here with a further option.
For archos 101IT owners who have installed the angstrom developer edition of linux, you can then install the openAOS debian build alongside android (I have four o/s on at the moment, android, cyanogen, angstrom and openaos) and I have a .deb of megatunix compiled for debian arm. So now I can datalog with my phone and tune with my tablet. Ive already converted my megasquirt to talk over a bluetooth link and used it with megatunix on my linux net top so I know that bit of the equation is ok.

Sadly my middy v8 build is again stalled while I build a workshop, but the megasquirt is currently on a street motorbike, and im building another for a dragbike project...

[Edited on 11/1/12 by MrFluffy]

[Edited on 11/1/12 by MrFluffy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.