Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MK Indy Engine Conversion diary ZX9 - KL V6
Ugg10

posted on 10/3/14 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
Hi rb968

Great build. Just read through this thread for the umpteenth time as it is time for me to change direction on my MX6 KL engine build. For some time I have been trying to convert it to Bike carbs with little success so the ECU/ITB route it is now. Having read up on this and Clairtoo's conversions and a few others, I think the missing info I have at the moment is the particular injectors that I will need to source.

So, please can you let me know what injectors you have used (Vauxhall Omega v6?) and whether they fit directly into the Triumph TB ports without any changes/machining ?

Many thanks in advance.

Edit - also, what did you do with the Dizzy, remove it totally, take the cap off and cap the rest ??

[Edited on 10/3/14 by Ugg10]

[Edited on 10/3/14 by Ugg10]

DIY Si

posted on 11/3/14 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
There's a couple of options for the dizzy. The simplest is to just unplug it and leave it in place. You could get a bung machined and fit that if you remove it totally, cut it down to use it as a cover plate or it is possible to use it as a cam sensor.

I'll be using mine as a cam sensor to see how well it works when going to a fully sequential system.

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

Ugg10

posted on 11/3/14 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
DIY Si - many thanks, will leave it in place if it is not hurting anything and will still give me tacho read out with the stock dash before I covert that to an ETB Digidash 2 Lite. Later I will probably remove rotor and cut down the cover and make up a blanking plate to stick to the front of that maybe.

Do you have pics/blog of your sprite build , and any comments on what injectors to use ?

Thanks

[Edited on 11/3/14 by Ugg10]

KFC

posted on 29/7/14 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hey Claire,
I know you've just got back but you know me, keen to get going. Ive been doing some measuring and about to put my spare V6 in my RX8 with a mock up adapter plate I've made. It's going to be tight but it's going in. One issue could be is, room under the bonnet, I will have 14cm left from the top of the heads to the inside of the bonnet. What's the height on this set up you have? As in, from the top of the heads at the back of the engine to the top of the trumpets/airbox tray?

Cheers

Kev

quote:
Originally posted by clairetoo
I do have a mold for an airbox which may be usefull - theres no inlet on it , and it would need modding above the rear linkage , but if you can use it I can knock one up (as soon as I get some resin..........I normally `borrow' that from work but I'm not there at the moment )
I've bunged in a complaint at Citylink - the `bodies were due for delivery on Friday

This is a slightly cut-down one on a Fury I did .

[Edited on 22/10/12 by clairetoo]

clairetoo

posted on 29/7/14 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
I've done some super-short trumpets and lowered the fuel rails with pico injectors - all done to make more space under the bonnet.........

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

KFC

posted on 29/7/14 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
It looks like I might have a bit more room? I measured 20" from the underside of the bonnet to the centre of the input shaft.

quote:
Originally posted by clairetoo
I've done some super-short trumpets and lowered the fuel rails with pico injectors - all done to make more space under the bonnet.........

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.