Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: is purple a girls colour?
minitici

posted on 9/4/08 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
I quite like purple cars....

But as you see I've no taste at all

blakep82

posted on 9/4/08 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
^ yeah, that stuart taylor looks a bit lilac to me... wouldn't go that colour!

as long as i don't get a nickname round town of the purple pounder, or something, then its ok, its just a colour

[Edited on 9/4/08 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

procomp

posted on 9/4/08 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
I suppose it is a bit more of a lilac than a purple .

Thats maybe why all the ST drivers called it purple maybe a bit to far for them to admit to lilac. I note that Tim Grey's new striker fulcrum is blue. Maybe just confirming he is a mans man .

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Confused but excited.

posted on 9/4/08 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
i quite fancy painting my chassis purple, with my axle and suspention bars being flourescent orange. i know, sounds grim, but would actually look quite good i think

but is purple wrong?

thinking some kind of candy blue with possibly silver for the body. might be too many different non matching colours though...

Nice to see I'm not the only one that remembers the sixties.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

blakep82

posted on 9/4/08 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Confused but excited.
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
i quite fancy painting my chassis purple, with my axle and suspention bars being flourescent orange. i know, sounds grim, but would actually look quite good i think

but is purple wrong?

thinking some kind of candy blue with possibly silver for the body. might be too many different non matching colours though...

Nice to see I'm not the only one that remembers the sixties.

i was born in '82

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

ayoungman

posted on 9/4/08 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
did someone say a purple chassis ? I know it looks pink, but it is really a purple colour. Well, I like it anyway !
clicky

"just like that !"

blakep82

posted on 9/4/08 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ayoungman
did someone say a purple chassis ? I know it looks pink, but it is really a purple colour. Well, I like it anyway !
clicky

i like that! (try and say that in a tommy cooper voice when i try to i sound like bob hoskins lol)

RK

posted on 9/4/08 at 10:04 PM Reply With Quote
I think it was also the colour of what used to be known as "confirmed bachelors" or those in the
"theatre"... But don't let us decide for you!!!

[Edited on 9/4/08 by RK]

blakep82

posted on 9/4/08 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RK
I think it was also the colour of what used to be known as "confirmed bachelors" or those in the
"theatre"... But don't let us decide for you!!!

[Edited on 9/4/08 by RK]

ha ha ha!

C10CoryM

posted on 10/4/08 at 02:31 AM Reply With Quote
Purple: For when pink is just a little too obvious

Q- Hey. what's the difference between pink and purple?
-
-
-
-
-
A-the grip . Girls usually don't get that joke.

"Our watchword evermore shall be: The Maple Leaf Forever!"

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 10/4/08 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
^

does anyone know a paint code for cadbury's purple?

eznfrank

posted on 10/4/08 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
I think the closest you'll get is the purple Rover Coupe they did in the 90's
blakep82

posted on 10/4/08 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
was that the one that went a bit aubergine? kind of like a flip paint? hmm, not sure on that one. vauxhall atlantis blue sometimes looks like it, but is sometimes very blue. its weird...

iank

posted on 10/4/08 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
I think the Cadbury shade is actually a violet. Best way to get a match is to take a wrapper to a decent auto paint supplier for matching.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

RK

posted on 10/4/08 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
On the other hand...

Renault's new colours are sort of a purple, orange and yellow that looks pretty good against black parts. Best looking car out there I think. Too bad they're so crap.

blakep82

posted on 10/4/08 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
just got a ford purple colour to practise spraying, if it looks bad i can always rub it down and spray over it in a different colour lol

blakep82

posted on 10/4/08 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
sooooo, bought some paint from halfords to practice spraying. there's no other paints suppliers round here that i know of
asked if it was water based. they said yes. well, its not. it wouldn't mix together and ended up not spraying out very nice. kind of spat out. intermittantly water then paint. now i've got bubbles of water under my paint. not to worry though, it'll have to come back off anyway.

however, i can't clean my gun out and the paint's dried inside the cup (i emptied the paint out the cupa and blew white spirit through so the tubes are clear) what thinners do i need?

edit: cellulose they do cellulose paint... apparently the guy on the paint counter's getting his ass kicked tomorrow

the guy who doesn't work on the paint counter gave me a bottle of cellulose thinner for the inconvenience, for which i called him a legend

[Edited on 10/4/08 by blakep82]

Miks15

posted on 10/4/08 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
the colour looks good tho IMO
blakep82

posted on 10/4/08 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
cheers mate
i think so too, thats only one coat (its light kinda sky blue underneath) so after a few more coats it should be darker hopefully, and a bit more rich

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.