Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2012 regs
ernie

posted on 8/12/11 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
2012 regs

Bleeding brilliant!!
just bought new set of headlights, (driving lights) just to be told not needed in 2012

PANDE FIRE & SECURITY SYSTEMS

eddie99

posted on 8/12/11 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
Dont get me started on the 750MC regs.... They've completely successfully screwed up Bikesports
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Stott

posted on 8/12/11 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
Could be worse, night event regs changed a few years ago so you could only have 4 forward facing lamps cos of "light pollution" and all the boys had pods full of HIDs at about £700 a pop all in that they could no longer use.

Plus all the BMW e30s have 4 lamps as STD as they are separate units, but if you had an e36 or any other car with STD covered 1 piece headlamps you could also run spots.

Regs suck

MK9R

posted on 8/12/11 at 11:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eddie99
Dont get me started on the 750MC regs.... They've completely successfully screwed up Bikesports

What's happened then?

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
eddie99

posted on 8/12/11 at 11:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MK9R
quote:
Originally posted by eddie99

What's happened then?

Min Weight 50kg above what we were, we were aiming for another 30kg, so that'll be 80kg of weight somewhere to add in....

Oh and apparently we're not allowed to adjust any chassis or suspension pickup points, only as per original manufactures car. Therefore our car being entered next year will be our own new car

[Edited on 8/12/11 by eddie99]

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
MK9R

posted on 8/12/11 at 11:30 PM Reply With Quote
What's the reason for that then?

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
eddie99

posted on 8/12/11 at 11:33 PM Reply With Quote
No Idea, im hoping to get an answer, And some other silly rules with engines, such as there is no room for a 1ltr tuned engine but you can do whatever you want with a busa... Meaning no room for a certain radical along the lines...

Oh and only 5 weekends with 10 races, 4 races at donny! Cant complain that donny isnt a great track however to have 40% of your championship at one place seems a bit much!

steveiow

posted on 9/12/11 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
As far as Locost are concerned, I think its a great improvement to the calendar. To have to travel from where I am is bad enough, but to do it to say, Cadwell, for one race is a mission. I love the double header race weekends. Means I may be able to fit in some sprints and autotests in between.

As for regs for Locost, allowing removal of all front lights is a good thing in my opinion. The other minor changes I need to look into more closely.

What I would like to see is the TV coverage back. I note from the minutes of committee as printed in the Bulletin that race fixtures were set taking into account the results of the driver survey, so be interesting to see what the entry fees will be and if they do include extra cost to cover the TV company, which was also questioned in the same survey.

2012 Locost Race Car #12 - for everything Locost Racing: www.SEWC.co.uk

procomp

posted on 9/12/11 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

The removal of the front lights from the Locosts has been talked about for the last 3-4 years. However don't get rid off them Ernie you may want to quickly refit them at some point such as a wet race meeting. That's why it's an option to remove them. Will however save many people having to replace them every other race due to stone damage.

Cheers Matt

steveiow

posted on 9/12/11 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
I presume its not an MSA requirement to run lights on the front in the rain, so if you arent fussed about running them, you could remove them permanently?

procomp

posted on 9/12/11 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

The MSA regulation that is referred to in the regs allows us to run without them permanently. But have been left as optional for those who wish to run with them in the wet or any conditions.

Cheers Matt

ernie

posted on 9/12/11 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
yes, I did think they were quite necessary at Cadwell

PANDE FIRE & SECURITY SYSTEMS

ShaunB

posted on 9/12/11 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
Mallory too, even when testing at Silverstone this year some cars just suddenly appeared out of the spray whereas the ones running lights were far easier to spot.

By good fortune I made my Locost headlight brackets removable earlier this year, each side is now held on by 4 bolts into rivnuts in the chassis tubes (the holes were already there as the previous owner had mounted the brackets with rivets).

Shaun.

pointy

posted on 9/12/11 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
Perhaps I'm on my own on this one but removing the lights and front indicators albeit optional is the start of turning the locost into a mini Caterham, I mean what will be the next change, slick tyres, a different cam, twin 40 carbs...then a different engine with an ECU, no, I'm afraid I am not happy about the change and the ethos of Locost is being slowly eroded.

Andy P

Halemini

posted on 14/12/11 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
Front suspension pick up to be located as per section 6 diagram 3 - which doesn't exist!! Can anyone explain?

Rgds Dc

modee

posted on 14/12/11 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
Halemini. The suspension pick-up diagram is on page 10 of the online regs. You need to turn the page (or your head) through 90 degrees to make sense of it. Maurice
Halemini

posted on 14/12/11 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks modee, On page 10 there is one diagram showing the rear suspension? Nothing else! Is my iPad playing up? Is it meant to be the same diagram as last year?
modee

posted on 14/12/11 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
Halemini. There should be 3 diagrams on page 10. Maurice
Halemini

posted on 15/12/11 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
I checked again this morning on a real computer and it's all there! So it was a technical problem - Apologies!

Thanks again

Dc

spoonana

posted on 28/12/11 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pointy
Perhaps I'm on my own on this one but removing the lights and front indicators albeit optional is the start of turning the locost into a mini Caterham, I mean what will be the next change, slick tyres, a different cam, twin 40 carbs...then a different engine with an ECU, no, I'm afraid I am not happy about the change and the ethos of Locost is being slowly eroded.

Andy P

I think the real ethos of locost is that it is LOW COST. I can understand the reason they are allowing you to remove the lights if they keep getting damaged, to lower costs. One day we will run out of xflow engines and a modern day replacement will have to be used.

What I don't understand is if you are allowed to remove your lights, why do they still have to be 5 3/4" if you decide to keep them on??

locost47

posted on 2/1/12 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
locost 2012 dates

do the rear indicators need to flash obviously if so whats the best way round this lights inside some were or side mounts
spoonana

posted on 2/1/12 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by locost47
do the rear indicators need to flash obviously if so whats the best way round this lights inside some were or side mounts

I have them side mounted just above the arches.

ShaunB

posted on 2/1/12 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by locost47

Hi Tim, I mailed the club earlier today to clarify whether they still need to flash at the correct speed, I'll let you know their response. If they say yes I can see 2 ways round it, add a suitable load to the front indicator wiring either wire a couple of indicator bulbs in or use equivalent resistors, alternatively swap the flasher relay for one that is not load sensitive.

Cheers,
Shaun.

steveiow

posted on 2/1/12 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
I love the 1:1 scale of your photo Max

locost47

posted on 2/1/12 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
locost

cheers shaun look forward to reply
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.