spoonana

posted on 2/1/12 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steveiow
I love the 1:1 scale of your photo Max

Well I was worried you wouldn't see them

ernie

posted on 3/1/12 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
I emailed Alan Coller (the rep) for clarification on whether we could remove all rear lighting, except for rain & stop lights
Alan replied that the proposed regs have to be cleared by the MSA first.
All rear lights should remain at this stage.

With regard to indicator flash rates, in 7 seasons of racing, I have never been required by the scroots to show them working.
If so, the flash rate on my car would be as quick as I could flick the switch back & forth because I have no flasher module fitted

PANDE FIRE & SECURITY SYSTEMS

ShaunB

posted on 3/1/12 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
Reply from 750MC:

Indicators will not be part of the scrutineering checks, neither will hazard lights.

If headlights are fitted, they must be fully functional. (I had asked whether side/dipped/main all needed to be present, or was dipped sufficient as that is all I'd ever use in the rain).

The rain light must be independent from the side lights. (MOT requirement is that Fog light cannot be operated independant of side lights, so this is different).

Only the items mentioned can be removed – the others must remain in situ. (I asked whether we could remove horn - although I have actually used it to attract a marshal's attention to someone boiling over in front of me on a restart grid)

Shaun.

f750sgr

posted on 22/1/12 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
So could you remove the originally fitted air dams (5,3/4 headlights) and fit something less aerodynamically challenging? Not quite the LED rings that Mr Cassidy presented in 2010, but projector lights may aleiviate some of the concerns of driving in the rain.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
steveiow

posted on 22/1/12 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
No idea, but mine are off but on a waterproof quick connector so can be added back on in less than 5 mins.

2012 Locost Race Car #12 - for everything Locost Racing: www.SEWC.co.uk

ShaunB

posted on 22/1/12 at 10:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by f750sgr
So could you remove the originally fitted air dams (5,3/4 headlights) and fit something less aerodynamically challenging?

I don't think so. It's either headlights as per regs (5.75" ) or removed.

Shaun.

[Edited on 22/1/12 by ShaunB]

v832b

posted on 6/2/12 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
I still think this is a bad rule removing the head lights..... And dangerous in wet conditions...
eddie99

posted on 6/2/12 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
Looking at it from another point of view, lights dont really matter. In a fair few championships you dont require any lights.... We run fine with only a rainlight.

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
v832b

posted on 6/2/12 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe, but is your racing as close as locost.....
I dooubt it.
Rain light fine for you coming up to the rear of someone, but how do I know someone getting close or diving up the inside when there lots of spray?

eddie99

posted on 6/2/12 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
Ourselves probably arent quite as close but some of FFord is just as close and doesnt run any lights....

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.