Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 25 most redundant car technologies?
:{THC}:YosamiteSam

posted on 31/7/09 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
overdrive
MG maestro talking dash
bench seats
proper dash boards
quarter lights
cars that fit in a single garage!

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 1/8/09 at 06:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Flamez
vinyl roofs

Disagree......they are making a come back in the chav tuning scene saw a bonnet done the other day

Ninehigh

posted on 1/8/09 at 07:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mangogrooveworkshop
quote:
Originally posted by Flamez
vinyl roofs

Disagree......they are making a come back in the chav tuning scene saw a bonnet done the other day

In which case Flamez is amazingly right. Anything a chav does is crap, and we need to get the suggestion in that having no mouth is brilliant

MikeRJ

posted on 1/8/09 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
I think people are missing the point? The link was to technologies that are not necessarily outdated, but are simply superfluous.

A perfect example is the moronic electronic indicator stalks that tempt me to snap the bloody things off every time I drive a car with one. Electric handbrakes also fall into this category.

David Jenkins

posted on 1/8/09 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
The most redundant thing on many cars is the message on the door mirror - "objects in the mirror are closer than they appear". Of course they are! That's what happens with mirrors! So every time I look in that mirror I have to look at a message for morons who can't work that out?

Even better - on my wife's Matiz, the message is written on the passenger door mirror, but not on the driver's...

Also the lurid and untidy sticker on both sun-visors telling me not to mess about with the air bags. I know they're dangerous, and I have no intention of f'ing around with them! And why does it have to be especially big due to all the languages it's written in? If they had to have a label, couldn't they have written it in 1 language and made it smaller? I can't read French or Spanish anyway...

iank

posted on 1/8/09 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
Rev counters, absolutely no point on anything but a race car and even then you'd be better spending the time spotting apexes and looking in the mirrors.

Electric handbrakes

Bulbs that require bodywork disassembly to replace.

Cigarette lighters (but I can see the point of a standardised power socket)

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

mediabloke

posted on 1/8/09 at 01:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
I think people are missing the point? The link was to technologies that are not necessarily outdated, but are simply superfluous.

Ah... Got it!

Have to be the Focus' bonnet lock, then. I can't imagine why your typical thief would choose to nick the contents of the engine bay over those inside the car. Yet you need a key to open it. :confused:

[Edited on 1/8/09 by mediabloke]

iank

posted on 1/8/09 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mediabloke
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ

Ah... Got it!

Have to be the Focus' bonnet lock, then. I can't imagine why your typical thief would choose to nick the contents of the engine bay over those inside the car. Yet you need a key to open it. :confused:

[Edited on 1/8/09 by mediabloke]

Engine bay really needs to be secure else it's an easy target for vandals (handful of sand in through the oil cap etc.) Most cars use the door locks and an internal bonnet release but presumably Ford find it cheaper/easier to put a lock under the front badge (Mondeo's are the same).

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.