Mclaren Mercedes
Porche GT3 RS
Ferrari 360 RS
Ford GT
Other- please specify.

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Which Supercar? Money no option.
ned

posted on 4/6/04 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
yeah, thats probably the one. loks like this:

quote:
Originally posted by andkilde
quote:
Originally posted by ned
jag xjr15 is also a favourite of mine, shame it doesn't handle and they never really made any. still, very fast in a straight line.

Ned.

That the one that looks like a LeMans racer? They've got three or four of them stored about 35 minutes up the road from me at RM Classic Cars (the upstart on the US auction scene). All brand new and for sale.

Cheers, Ted

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Spyderman

posted on 4/6/04 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
If you are going for a flash car then you want something that looks as good as it goes. This has to be the Aston Martin DB9!

Given the choice and money I too would prefer something older.
Primarily the Lambo Miura. Never beaten in looks!
Also something like De Tomaso Pantera, Ford GT40, Ferrari Daytona or 250GT, 250LM are classic lookers.
From the States the only ones I would consider are all old, such as 1965/6 Mustang GT350, Chevy Camaro or the car from Vanishing Point. Can't remember what it was!
Oh yes I like the new Corvette!

Terry

Spyderman

James

posted on 4/6/04 at 05:02 PM Reply With Quote
Disappointed to see my choice (F1- anyday and as soon as I can afford one!) is the most popular mainly coz there's not enough of them to go round as it is- so bugger off you lot!

Alongside the F1 I wouldn't mind an Aston aswell. Maybe the Full Works-Prepared Aston Martin V600 Vantage would do as a daily driver and the F1 for the weekends!

Cheers,

James

[Edited on 6/6/04 by James]

andyps

posted on 4/6/04 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
Has to be the McLaren F1. It is the ultimate supercar. Even ten years after it's introduction there has not been a test of another car which says "it is better then the F1". Until that happens, F1 for me please.

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

marcyboy

posted on 4/6/04 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
bit sad i know but i think the motor in vanishing point was a
"dodge challenger 440 RT"

Browser

posted on 5/6/04 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
Ooohhh, Dodge Chargers, makes me think of Bullitt. Dodge charger 440RT (or 426 hemi?) versus Mustang GT350
If I was gonna have a charger it'd be one of these

[Edited on 5/6/04 by Browser]

mackie

posted on 5/6/04 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
I saw one of those at goodwood. Isn't it called the Hemi Baracuda or something? Apparently they have quite a silly top speed with those aero "enhancements".
Browser

posted on 5/6/04 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
Dodge Charger Daytona mate. There was also the Plymouth Roadrunner Superbird, equally as mental-looking. Find out about them here

Spyderman

posted on 5/6/04 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
Ah yes Challenger was the one!

Very subtle for an American car, back when they knew how to make 'em! Rescued attachment P0001614.jpg
Rescued attachment P0001614.jpg

Spyderman

greggors84

posted on 5/6/04 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
The hemi cuda, was a plymouth barracuda with the chevy "hemi" V8 (named because the combustion chamber has a hemispehical shape) in it. Had the shaker hood too, which basically means there is a great big hole in the bonnet where the intake scoop is, when the engine revs the scoops shakes.

The first time i saw the Aston martin V8 Vantage at the motorshow, i fell in love with it. i would have the v600 version, weighs 2 tonnes, but can do 0-60 in 4 seconds and 200 mph. All down to 600bhp and 600lb/ft of torque.
Its going to be the car i leave the church in when i get married! If i dont own one by then anyway.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

derf

posted on 5/6/04 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
I dunno, none of those cars ever really tickled my pickle, I really like however (even thought its not a super car) the Nissan Skyline.

I had the oportunity to drive on when I was in Japan, it is a gorgeous car, handles great, and is fast too. The only drawback is that there is too much car. Weighing in at 3500 lbs it's a heafty beast, and you can feel the weight when you drive. if it was possible to loose about 1500 lbs it would be perfect.

mackie

posted on 6/6/04 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
Ah yes, that's the one
Pic from goodwood:

Would certainly turn heads in St Albans!

If I was going to get a muscle car though it'd have to be a modernised GT500 like this:

It's got uprated brakes, tyres, steering and revised body work and modern lighting. It even has the nitrous button on the gearstick Apparently it has an enormous V8 in it too

Browser

posted on 6/6/04 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
Sir sir sir, can I be a real anorak sir? If you look on the left-hand headlight cover you'll see a littl epicture of the cartoon roadrunner? That's a Plymouth Roadrunner Superbird sir! Can I take my anorak off now sir?
Two very similar cars developed at exactly the same time for exactly the same purpose, ergo to go extremely FAST!

mackie

posted on 6/6/04 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah I know, you mentioned that in your post too, so I was just posting the pic I had
Browser

posted on 7/6/04 at 06:51 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry sir, I'll slink away into the corner now sir
Can you imagine going to watch a NASCAR race in the sixties and seeing one of them for the first time? The spectators must've thought aliens were landing!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.