Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Election Debate
morcus

posted on 5/5/10 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
Its sad but tolerance isn't a vote winner.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

flak monkey

posted on 5/5/10 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by morcus
Its sad but tolerance isn't a vote winner.

Nope, a lack of decent policies and bullshi7 is coupled with a gullible majority.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

flak monkey

posted on 5/5/10 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
Want a model of modern conservative 'fairer society'?

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/johann-hari/johann-hari-welcome-to-cameron-land-1962318.html

quote:
The cost of almost all council services has sky-rocketed, to fund tax cuts that disproportionately benefit the wealthy. David Cameron says he wants to make Britain "the most family-friendly country in the world" with "childcare as a top priority", but his showcase council has increased charges for childcare by a reported 121 per cent – a fact that makes the warnings about Michael Gove's planned "top-up fees" for nursery places seem even more ominous.

[Edited on 5/5/10 by flak monkey]

Sera

Fozzie

posted on 5/5/10 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
I think we could debate this 'til the cows come home....

However I would like to point out in Flaks link, that the government (labour) capped, and in some cases reduced the amount of money available to some councils, mainly Tory funnily enough!
Thus forcing local cuts to facilities like local hospitals, pensioners free bus rides, closing of local/cottage hospitals, local highways maintenance...it goes on ...Thus making it seem as though it was the local Tory controlled councils that were making these savage cuts or outrageous rises to some 'services'......

Labour government set the local/county council budgets...the local councils had to operate within those constraints.......

As a small business owner, under Labour, business rates have soared and Small Business Reliefs have lessened...not the local councils fault, they act under direction of government.....
This makes it harder for small business's to even think of employing any more staff.....They just can't afford it......

The Labour government had also ordered more 'greenness' as in multiple refuse collections...they set the targets, the local councils, whether or not they are Labour, Tory or Lib Dem still have to comply within their allocated Labour government defined budgets.......all of these 'extra' collections, whilst being in the main, sensible, still have to be paid for.....with no extra money being allocated from government for doing this....

Take the area I live in, it is policed by Surrey Police. A couple of years ago, the Surrey Police boundary was changed to incorporate some Metropolitan Police boundaries, for example, Molesey, Esher, Epsom, Staines to name a few.....

The budget for Surrey Police did not rise, not even to allow for the extra area for personnel or the running of extra police stations......

The county council (Tory) have been selling off school playing fields, despite an ever growing local population........under whose orders?......Labour government.
Who gets the blame from the man in the street? The Tory county council.....ggrrrrr

Not the local councils fault.....it was decided by the Labour government, but left to the local and county council (both Tory) to try and juggle the books....so cuts have to be made to pay for it.

Who gets the blame? surprise surprise, the local and county council......

Who should get the blame?....
The Government who set/capped the local council/county council budget.......Labour.....grrrrrrrr

Not everything seen or read is always as it seems on the surface...scratch a little bit and you may find a different story.

Fozzie .....who wishes that there was a stronger local UKIP candidate.....

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

flak monkey

posted on 5/5/10 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
Oh I agree, each to their own

Thats the whole point of havin a choice at the end of the day. I still stand by the 'dont say I didnt tell you so' comment though.

I only have genuine problems with some parties, but I wont name them as its will probably offend the wrong people....

Sera

Paul TigerB6

posted on 5/5/10 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by luke_stephenson

Also as pointed out, we own half of many of the banks.

when their shares rise again which is pretty much innevitable the government will make and absolute fortune!! the national debt will not look so significant then.

errrmmmmm actually no they wont!! There's so many "extra" shares out there these days that were released to try and raise funds, plus with all the extra regulation etc - bank shares will never have the same attraction as they used to.

The government would probably be better off retaining many of the shares but they wont - at least Labour wouldnt. Gordon Brown - the economic genius........... well if you want to see just how much of a genius the guy is then just do some research into his selling of the majority of our gold reserves to fund Labour spending. Then you'll see just how clever he really is!!

for starters

morcus

posted on 5/5/10 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone else really looking forward to tommorrow so that we can stop talking about this?

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

Fozzie

posted on 5/5/10 at 11:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by morcus
Anyone else really looking forward to tommorrow so that we can stop talking about this?

Yes......

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

franky

posted on 6/5/10 at 06:23 AM Reply With Quote
Going back to the election debates, didn't you think the BBC one looked great? So did question time after.... however i'm biased as they were my pictures
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.