Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: farewell mate
carpmart

posted on 1/10/10 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
I would have had no clue what you were feeling except for getting a dog 20 months back. She is the best thing in my life after the wife and kids!

Gutted for you!

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

ReMan

posted on 1/10/10 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote

Very Sorry, Mrs will be too

Col

PAUL FISHER

posted on 1/10/10 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone who's lost a dog will know your pain, but as said above get another one as soon as you can, you will never replace him, but it does help
Humbug

posted on 1/10/10 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry for you, John... never had dogs myself, but have had the same situation with cats. When one of them went, we burned her basket in a Viking-style funeral on the drive.

See you at Newlands sometime.

Simon

se7en

posted on 1/10/10 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear of your loss.

Away back in 1995, my daughter tortured us to get her a hamster or the like, but I insisted that she was not having one. I did say that she could have a dog if she wanted. We spent almost 2 years looking for a Westie for her and eventually got one. She took that dog everywhere with her even when she moved house.

Last November she was getting married so she came back home along with her dog. She was at home for almost a week before her wedding. On the morning of her wedding the missus went down to the kennel to check on the dogs and the Westie was dead. We could not tell her or there may have been no wedding. (She dumped her boyfriend 5 years earlier because he criticised her dog).

We had to hold back telling her until she came back from her honeymoon and when we did tell her she broke down and cried for almost 3 days. We buried the Westie in the garden but she has refused to go and see where he was buried.

People who do not have dogs think that those who do are mad about attached to their pets. It is just one of those things; it comes into your life and becomes part of your daily routine. So when they pass away it is like its happened to a member of the family.

Go out and get another one - I know that it will never replace Bill but it will help keep your mind on something else.

Regards
Tom

40inches

posted on 1/10/10 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by se7en

People who do not have dogs think that those who do are mad about attached to their pets. It is just one of those things; it comes into your life and becomes part of your daily routine. So when they pass away it is like its happened to a member of the family.

Absolutely, I am dreading the day

locogeoff

posted on 1/10/10 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
My condolences to you. I think I'll appreciate walking the locomut tonight just that wee bit more after hearing your news.

Sincerest regards

Geoff

dhutch

posted on 1/10/10 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
Not much fun is it, even if the best thing for them.

We lost our last dog 6 years ago and i'll happy hold my hand up for letting out some tears, including one partaurly bad day the following week, in front of my head of 6th form.

Are you planning get another dog in the new future? We're currently still without hound although it get mentioned from time to time.

Daniel

TimC

posted on 1/10/10 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
Terribly sad news - I had to rush a neighbour and dog to the vet last week as he'd (the dog) had a really nasty stroke - same sad result. I barely knew the animal and it almost broke my heart.

I'm not sure where you are located, although suspect possible South East, but my folks' lovely dog came from www.freewebs.com/manytearsrescue - I can barely look as its so sad to see all those dogs without homes. "Quirky" is quite possibly the saddest thing I've ever seen. Anyway, they do great work and come recommended.

theconrodkid

posted on 1/10/10 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
i am really touched by your replies folks and a big thanks to all of you that have u2u,d me with messages of support.
yes i would love to get another but it wouldn't be kind spending most of the day home alone.
again...thanks

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

gottabedone

posted on 1/10/10 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
Your house will be too quiet without him
I have two Mountain dogs and when we lost one two years ago at Christmas (got sick very quickly at 6 years old) our second one was depressed and got sick so we nearly lost her too

There is pain but remember him for what he was (even the hairy muddy slobbery and embarrassing moments) because their all special!! - Don't be embarrassed by the tears as we've all been there

Steve

robocog

posted on 1/10/10 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
John, I cannot add anything that others haven't already said and can only pass on our deepest sympathy as we both know too well what your going through

Rob and Fizz

gazzarose

posted on 1/10/10 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry for your loss mate. Me and the missus bought a house together nearly 2 years ago, and having moved out from my parents house and not seeing the dog everyday was strange, we talked about getting a puppy but kept putting it off, until my brithday last July, I strangley had a day off mid week and found a jack russel locally that was ready to be picked up, went and saw her and fell in love, just after we had her we watched Marley and Me, that I had been told was a comedy... was it hell, both me and the missus were blubbing at the end. Any non dog owners you say that to look at you strange. Im dreading the inevitable days, I just hope the memories of the good times cancel out the bad day.

Get another one when your ready mate. I was talking with my gran about this the other day, she was devasted when her last dog died, but my gramp wanted another to protect his pigeons. She said she was worried what her old dog would be thinking looking down at her with a new dog, but in the end she settled on hoping that her old dog brought her som much happiness that only another dog could fill the hole left. She got another one a month or so later, and hes a little sod, completely different to her last one, but she loves him all the same. Just remember that if a get a another that your getting a new one and not a replacement one. Sometimes tho they choose you and it just happens, when my parents first dog dies, my mother swore she wouldn't have another, until my dad came home with a 2yr old who he rescued from a friend of a friend who couldn't cope. The look on my mothers face when he came bounding out of the kitchen when she came home was priceless and something that I'll never forget.

Sorry for the long post, just got carried way telling the stories.

Chin up mate

Gareth

perksy

posted on 1/10/10 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
Very Sorry to hear this

They start off as Pets and then become members of our family and Best Mates

We had to have one of out cats put to sleep after He lost his battle with cancer
and i'm not ashamed to admit it broke me heart

Still miss him now

steve m

posted on 1/10/10 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
Conrod mate, thanks for posting this,

It is quite unbelievable how losing a "pet" can be so devastating,
when the kids were young we had the hamsters, gerbills, dog, and even fish, etc

yet i can still remember the tears and grief when one of them moved on

some were mine!

nick205

posted on 1/10/10 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear that John - always a hard time after losing a dog. They just become part of the family don't they.

NigeEss

posted on 3/10/10 at 09:10 AM Reply With Quote
Deepest sympathies John. The loss of a canine friend hurts.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

lotusmadandy

posted on 3/10/10 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
Been there and done that twice,so i
know how sad you feel.
My thoughts and sympathy are with
you mate

Andy

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.