Author: Subject: K series installs
peter030371

posted on 21/1/15 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
Some pics of a K in a Striker in Indy Birds archive such as this

manifold
manifold

philfingers

posted on 1/2/15 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
If I can help you with an alternator adjuster then let me know, non for sale at the moment as I'm away, but home tomorrow!
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=281563270174
Made them for all sorts of things from classic racing cars, 600hp ethanol air cooled VW's to ocean going yachts!
Shameless plug over. . . !

The true home of cars born under the Sylva name - http://jpsc.org.uk/forum

STM Phoenix R1
Sold-Sylva Striker 1300xf, 40s etc
Sold-Sylva Phoenix, 1300xf, BVH, 234cam, 2xDCOE 40s, live axle - 'old school', rally car and a few bikes

britishtrident

posted on 1/2/15 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by talkingcars
quote:
Originally posted by lsdweb
Thanks for the help!

I'm starting to get my head around it! It's the cooling system that I'm struggling with for some reason. I guess it's the fuss about the remote thermostat in the mid engined cars that is confusing me!

Wyn

Not all K series MG/Rover cars have a remote thermostat, it was only the MGTF and was fitted to avoid thermal shock caused by the long under body pipes from the engine bay to the radiator dumping cold coolant in to a hot engine.

No that is not quite the case.

The remote thermostat was a modification introduced initially on the Rover 75 18 it was a Landrover Td5 part. The use was as far as I know only on 2003 on 75 & ZT and MG TF and Freelander. It had two major advantages in that it both allows much greater bypass flow and opens under flow pressure this which reduces problems created by subjecting the engine to high loads and rpm before the engine has reached normal running temperature.
The Rover 25 & 45 series used an another modification called the SAAB valve
Xpart market retrofit kits for most models (not 25 & 45) but it it is cheaper to buy the Landover part and improvise. However the simpler modification of drilling the existing thermostat works just as well at the expense of longer warm up.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.