Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: EXUP - getting rid of error codes
Bob C

posted on 21/2/06 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
I've deleted the post with the original schematic & here's an update with Smart's mods. I've swapped his zener for a normal 1n4148 considering the voltage appearing on that input.
Bob C Rescued attachment exup.GIF
Rescued attachment exup.GIF

smart51

posted on 25/2/06 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
I built a nice new circuit up after all the modifications to the first one. Tested it yesterday and it was fine. Took it off and potted it in epoxy. Went out today and the tacho was bouncing by the time I'd got to the end of the street. Lucky I'd built two then. It seemed worth while for the cost of a few penny components.

What' the best way of weatherproofing my new circuit then?

Peteff

posted on 25/2/06 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
Try hot melt glue on it if it doesn't heat up too much and remelt it.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

hobbsy

posted on 29/8/07 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
EDIT: (vero layout) Smart51's layout is fine just need to crank the cap value to 10 mike - sorted. Going to knock one of these up tonight...

[Edited on 29/8/07 by hobbsy]

hobbsy

posted on 19/4/09 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but after building this circuit over a year ago I finally got around to fitting it a couple of days ago.

However there isn't a black and yellow wire on my 5PW EXUP connector, nearest is black and green. Also there's a blue and something wire but I'm guessing that one is left unconnected.

I tried connecting the black and green wire to where the black and yellow goes on the schematic and I still get error code 17

What colour wires have other people connected on the 5PW as I'm guessing its different to the 4XV but from what JimG put the same circuit works - just need to know which wires...

[Edited on 19/4/09 by hobbsy]

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.