Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I have finished the first BODY!
Ratman

posted on 30/8/06 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
Steve… I continue to be amazed at your commitment, relentless progress and quality of workmanship. Congratulations for this current milestone.
Brian.

ned

posted on 30/8/06 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
Steve,

Just noticed that there's no rollbar on that last pic, are you keeping the standard hoop as in the previous picture above or are you changing the design to reflect the twin humps of the rear body (ie would a twin hoop look better) ?

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RazMan

posted on 30/8/06 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
Talking of similarities I have a feeling that 'echoes' of your design will pop up in a lot of places Steve. I was browsing the K1 Attack site and couldn't help to notice this view...

[Edited on 30-8-06 by RazMan]

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sgraber

posted on 30/8/06 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
Thank you again guys. I appreciate the comments a lot. I've been toying with the color choices and so far am down to two. Corvette Sunset Orange or Black. Definitely not red.

Rollhoop. It's just off while I mount the bodywork. The rollhoop is one major change to the design that I will be doing soon. It will continue to be a single hoop (for the time being) but it will be a double wide unit with a fairing and a 3rd stoplight built in.

I have already seen where La Bala is compared and contrasted to the Attack. The Attack is a fantastic looking car and so I take that as a compliment. I've also had it compared to a Fiero rebody! (Which I don't take as a compliment... LOL.

In August of 2002 this is where I was with the body design. And I had not seen or heard of the Attack at that time.

By August of 2003 I was in love with the Gallardo. I made a simple overlay of Bala vs Gallardo and was amazed at the similarity of proportions.

That's when I decided that the nose needed to be longer and I did this.

To design the rear of the car I took visual cues from the Ferrari Enzo. And that just happens to be very similar in layout to the Toyota MR2!

All of this brings up a very interesting point about design in general and the evolution of what is acceptably 'cool'. You see, there is no such thing as an original idea. (If you have one, keep it to yourself, because someone will steal it!) Even though we may try to think up as original a concept as possible, everything that we do is a reflection of the current state of public conciousness. It's unavoidable unless we lived on another planet.

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

rontyler

posted on 7/9/06 at 03:16 AM Reply With Quote
Awesome!

SG,

Long time no talk :-)

Looks incredible!!!!

Good work Bro!

rt

Regards, Ron Tyler

"Nothing is ever accomplished by a reasonable man."

G.Man

posted on 7/9/06 at 03:45 AM Reply With Quote
Its no surprise it looks like other similar ME cars, as the shape is reminiscent of a ferrari as well...

Great job, looks sweet

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

Crazy Jay

posted on 7/9/06 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
Very very nice car, think it needs some bbs alloys tho

sgraber

posted on 7/9/06 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
Ron Baby! Long time no talk brother!

Is your SHO powered car still on hold?

Those BBS rims do look pretty good.

I've been working out my hinge points and trying to get a set of headlight covers from my plastic vaccum thermoforming machine. But I am failing miserably. 5 tries and not one good part.

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

rontyler

posted on 7/9/06 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
Hey Steve.

Yeah.. on hold terminally I'm afraid... sold the motor. But hey, the frame is hanging from the shop trusses... its a great conversation piece! Life's been too crazy to move forward with the Middy. I think about it from time to time... maybe someday.

La Bala is stunning!

Email me when you're bored... rontyler@hughes.net

rt

[Edited on 7/9/06 by rontyler]

Regards, Ron Tyler

"Nothing is ever accomplished by a reasonable man."

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.