Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Were McLaren Setup from day one ?
Hellfire

posted on 18/9/07 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
To put it simply - I have obtained documents from a customer of mine which are Top Secret - I'll post a copy of them to each and everyone of you then stand back and watch you all get fined and accused of cheating...

McLaren were set up - Ferrari are typically Italian, doing what Italians do best!

Steve

andyps

posted on 18/9/07 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
There is absolutely nothing in the FIA document released on Friday about the decision made on Thursday which indicates that McLaren cheated - they maybe had the ability to copy elements of the Ferrari design, but they were certainly not proven to have done so, and almost certainly did not.

Ferrari, however, did have a floor which was against the rules in the Australian grand prix. The only reason they were allowed to race with it was because the test the FIA used for deflection of the floor did not show the illegal nature of the floor as they used less pressure than was exerted by the aerodynamic forces whilst the car was being driven. The documents Coughlan received showed them what Ferrari were doing, they proposed a similar floor design to the FIA asking if it would be legal and were told it wasn't, the FIA then changed the test and the Ferrari floor was discovered, and declared illegal. in my book, that means Ferrari cheated in the Australian GP, but did not receive any punishment.

Have McLaren been set up - almost certainly. I doubt it is anything to do with Lewsi Hamilton and Max's family background - although this is an interesting link. Much more likely is that Ron is running a very successful McLaren team, but Max is no longer running the March team, come to think of it, they no longer exist. Could he be jealous, maybe. Is he abusing power, definitely. in my view.

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

andyps

posted on 18/9/07 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ecosse
Bloody hell, they can't be serious, can they?

quote:

Mosley let it be known that he feels that Jean Todt should succeed him as president of the FIA when he steps down.

It has been suggested for a while. Ross Brawn to take over from Todt at Ferrari, and Todt to take over from Max. The bias would be even more transparent. For it to even be a possibility it shows that the FIA must have a bias towards Ferrari, as it is the members of the FIA that made the decision last week who vote for the President. For Todt even to be a possibility there must be a majority of them who would vote for him, and it doesn't seem difficult to then relate that to them voting in support of him rather than McLaren last week.

Ferrari Internal Advisers strike again...

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

RK

posted on 18/9/07 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
As a reader I am totally offended by racist remarks. Take it somewhere else. You know who you are.
wheelfelloff

posted on 18/9/07 at 11:56 PM Reply With Quote
He who laughs last laughs loudest; don’t think for one moment that the laughing is over when the money is paid. Battles and wars come to mind and the current “underdog” has years of experience at the game and is very good at it. This F1 is not a sport it is big boys with huge egos playing with serious toys and the politics are just the same, serious. FA has been far too transparent and will pay eventually for his indiscretion. LH, despite the little boy lost look of late for his public, does not lack backbone or guile – he has been taught by the best..

Machiavelli lives, he just looks like????????????

RK

posted on 19/9/07 at 12:50 AM Reply With Quote
Those are all very good points. I am both bored and fascinated by the whole F1 thing, including this latest deal. Business is all about backroom deals. I don't run my place like that, but my ego is a bit smaller I think, and I don't have a quest for power.
David Jenkins

posted on 19/9/07 at 07:34 AM Reply With Quote
Erm... check out page 1 of this thread, roughly halfway down the page...

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.