Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Darren George
ZEN

posted on 3/7/09 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
I'm afraid that Darren is not going to cooperate. It's going to be a few months to my holly days in UK so I'm firstly going to contact The Embassy of the Republic of Croatia and the Embassy of Great Britain in Croatia.

My YouTube channel Cars, bikes - track days, motorsport, sim racing and more.

ZEN

posted on 3/7/09 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
Darren finally responded to my SMS: "I'm going to get what I can out next week and refound balance".
Lets wait and see.

RoadkillUK

posted on 5/7/09 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck Zen.

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
oudakontrol

posted on 11/7/09 at 03:28 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks to Eddie and Flakmonkey for their input in trying to resolve some of many issues that Darren George has but it seems as though Darren is full of promises and as always provides nothing.
Following is the last email I received from him three weeks ago. Several polite emails from myself relating to the order that was suppose to be sent as stated below have been sent, several attempts to try and contact Darren but unfortunately no response.
Is it to much to ask for as I did order the parts two years ago ??

ZEN you have and your friends have U2

Hi Tony,

Looks like the only thing on that list that i don't have is the brake pipe flaring tool, i've sent an enquiry to the suppliers to order some or get an idea on lead time. They should come back to me today, and if they have them in stock i'll have them on Wednesday, I should then be in a position to get everything out by the end of the week.

Kind regards,
Darren ( THREE WEEKS AGO !! )

[Edited on 11/7/09 by oudakontrol]

ZEN

posted on 28/7/09 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
This is the e-mail i have sent to Darren on Jul 27, 2009:

quote:

On this day half a year back I have ordered parts from you in the amount of 700GBP (including shiping) and still have not received it. The 700GBP is almost 2 months of my salary working as a welder in a shipyard. I have erned it working BLODY HARD. My patience is lower every day and soon it will run out completly. I urge you to sort the problem in the VERY NEAR FUTURE. I wont what I have payd for or get me my money back! If the problem isn't sorted soon I'll book a flyght and come to pay a visit to GTS Tuning and I'm shure I wont be going home without what is mine. I hope that is not going to happend as I'm not shure how I'm going to react when I get there....

And this is his reply:

quote:

The parts are nearly ready to send. Please do not threaten me. If you wish to pay me a visit please understand the following~:- On my very small industrial estate are the following people:-

Ex-Professional Super Middle Weight Boxer
Ex- Army Fitness Trainer Ex-Armed Robber
Guy who carries shotguns around in his car for hunting purposes 2 other people with prison time served criminal records
I can assure you of how they will react if you come to cause trouble.

cd.thomson

posted on 28/7/09 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
LOL

i heard there was a ninja there too

where is this industrial estate? Mordor?!

dont work near an armed robber!

Craig

RoadkillUK

posted on 28/7/09 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
My dad is bigger than yours !!

What a nob, just get the bloke his parts and send them to him, if not how about an occasional email letting him know the status of his order and the reasons for the delays.

You could always go to his house, sneak over the railway lines at the back !!

[Edited on 28/7/09 by RoadkillUK]

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ZEN

posted on 28/7/09 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
I have sent him several emails and SMS before this one asking about the status of my order and didn't get any reply...

RoadkillUK

posted on 28/7/09 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ZEN
I have sent him several emails and SMS before this one asking about the status of my order and didn't get any reply...

I was referring to Darren, he should keep you informed.

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk

ZEN

posted on 28/7/09 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
@RoadkillUK

I understood that. Was just informing the public that I'm not a "snappy" type of person
If Darren is realy working with those guys mentioned I hope he doesn't owe them money to

grazzledazzle

posted on 28/7/09 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ZEN
This is the e-mail i have sent to Darren on Jul 27, 2009:

And this is his reply:

quote:

The parts are nearly ready to send. Please do not threaten me. If you wish to pay me a visit please understand the following~:- On my very small industrial estate are the following people:-

Ex-Professional Super Middle Weight Boxer
Ex- Army Fitness Trainer Ex-Armed Robber
Guy who carries shotguns around in his car for hunting purposes 2 other people with prison time served criminal records
I can assure you of how they will react if you come to cause trouble.

I think that tells you everything you need to know about this guy.

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/infoAndGuide/windingUpCompany.shtml

You might also want to contact the police about a guy carrying shotguns around in his car in kent.

[Edited on 28/7/09 by grazzledazzle]

flak monkey

posted on 28/7/09 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
Well if you send a threatening email mail to someone what exactly do you expect to get back?

I am staying out of this one anyway other than to say, Zen, keep your dealings with GTS private. Especially if you are intending to take legal action.

David

PS Carrying shotguns is perfectly legal as long as they are in a lock box in the vehicle and you hold the relevant licence.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Steve G

posted on 28/7/09 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
I'm amazed anyone still tries to defend Darren ConMan George!!! Are you serious Flak Monkey?? Zen has paid a lot of money 6 months ago and still not got his parts - just either ignored or a bunch of empty promises that are blatantly well known, and you think that Zen saying he'll be personally visiting warrants that moron saying threats like that??

Zen, drop me a U2U with some details and i'll speak to UK Trading Standards and the local police in Kent tomorrow - lets see what the cops make of threatening emails

flak monkey

posted on 28/7/09 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
I am not defending anyone. I asked a question. Zen sent a threatening email and got one back. I simply asked what he had expected to receive.

End of

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

cd.thomson

posted on 28/7/09 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
didnt zen send an email saying he was going to come over and wasnt going back home til he had his stuff?

doesnt sound that aggressive to me.

I tell you what, if I had spent 2 months wages for nothing I'd have sent a properly threatening message.

Because I live closer I'd have sent that email far sooner telling him I was going to come and see him - no bone braking, but to get my stuff!

[Edited on 28/7/09 by cd.thomson]

Craig

MikeR

posted on 28/7/09 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
I think the problem is with this line,

"If the problem isn't sorted soon I'll book a flyght and come to pay a visit to GTS Tuning and I'm shure I wont be going home without what is mine. I hope that is not going to happend as I'm not shure how I'm going to react when I get there"

It sort of implies to me that Darren might be on the end of a good kicking. Now i suspect some people will think he deserves it - but if that is what was meant then I think Darren's response has a degree of justification.

Steve G

posted on 28/7/09 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cd.thomson
didnt zen send an email saying he was going to come over and wasnt going back home til he had his stuff?

doesnt sound that aggressive to me.

Nor to me - he said his parts or his money back......... dont see a threat there at all - unlike Darren George's email which I am quite happy to speak to Canterbury Police about on behalf of Zen tomorrow, along with Trading Standards seeing as Hungary is within the European Union and Distance Selling law applies

Here's an extract

Distance communication means include traditional means of distance of communication such as press adverts accompanied by order forms, catalogue sales, telephone. It also covers more technologically advanced means of distance communication such as teleshopping, mobile phone commerce (m-commerce), and the use of the Internet (e-commerce).

The Distance Selling Directive applies to any consumer distance contract made under the law of an EU-Member State as well as the European Economic Area (EEA). It provides a number of fundamental legal rights for consumers in order to ensure a high level of consumer protection throughout the EU. These include:

Provision of comprehensive information before the purchase;

Confirmation of that information in a durable medium (such as written confirmation);

Consumer's right to cancel the contract within a minimum of 7 working days without giving any reason and without penalty, except the cost of returning the goods (right of withdrawal);

Where the consumer has cancelled the contract, the right to a refund within 30 days of cancellation;

Delivery of the goods or performance of the service within 30 days of the day after the consumer placed his order

Protection from unsolicited selling;

Protection from fraudulent use of payment cards;

Non validity of any waiver of the rights and obligations provided for under the directive, whether instigated by the consumer or the supplier.

[Edited on 28/7/09 by Steve G]

[Edited on 28/7/09 by Steve G]

ZEN

posted on 28/7/09 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
Well if you send a threatening email mail to someone what exactly do you expect to get back?

"I want what I payed or my money back" Is not a threat! He is obviously avoiding answering my emails, SMS and telephone calls for most of the past few months.

quote:
I am staying out of this one anyway other than to say, Zen, keep your dealings with GTS private. Especially if you are intending to take legal action.

I must share this information with other people thinking of doing business (especial those oversees) with GTS as Darren is obliviously a crook! This can be proven by at least 2 more people on this board. To just the 3 of us he owes almost 4000 GBP!

quote:
David

PS Carrying shotguns is perfectly legal as long as they are in a lock box in the vehicle and you hold the relevant licence.

And don't forget the Ninja to

quote:

Zen, drop me a U2U with some details and i'll speak to UK Trading Standards and the local police in Kent tomorrow - lets see what the cops make of threatening emails

Rely appreciate your effort!
As for Darren last e-mail I would say he is just B.S.-ing. Or his "small industrial estate" is a con for a criminal organisation.

U2U sent!

[Edited on 28/7/09 by ZEN]

DM

posted on 29/7/09 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
"Jerry... Jerry... Jerry...."

lol

nice way to do business, GTS.... so very professional

Gav

posted on 29/7/09 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
This is just a joke!
Anyone still wanting to do business with this person, well i dont think this phrase has ever been more appropriate:
Caveat Emptor!

Hope you get you stuff or money back Zen.

BKLOCO

posted on 29/7/09 at 11:04 AM Reply With Quote
I don't post here often now and since I was building my GTS most of the people I shared information and ideas with have gone.
It strikes me that many of you have had a humour bypass.
Has it perhaps evaded your thinking that maybe Darren was trying to defuse a possible confrontation with a piece of tongue in cheek banter.
Having dealt with Darren on many occasions this certainly sounds like his sence of humour.

Brian

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!

cd.thomson

posted on 29/7/09 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
yes it does seem unreasonable that ZEN didnt wet his pants laughing when he's £700 out of pocket.

If someone tried to start up some witty banter at this stage with me I'd find that worse than if he was being aggressively defensive!

Craig

Steve G

posted on 29/7/09 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BKLOCO
I don't post here often now and since I was building my GTS most of the people I shared information and ideas with have gone.
It strikes me that many of you have had a humour bypass.
Has it perhaps evaded your thinking that maybe Darren was trying to defuse a possible confrontation with a piece of tongue in cheek banter.
Having dealt with Darren on many occasions this certainly sounds like his sence of humour.

Brian

Yeah that could really be seen as funny - someone 2000 miles away and 2 months wages out of pocket getting threatened in that way - hilarious. Well personally i'll find it funny when Kent police speak to him about his threatening behaviour......... and Trading Standards act against him

If anyone else wants to discuss GTS with Trading Standards then drop me a U2U and we can look to sort this out - especially for our fellow forum members abroad. I'm just awaiting a call back at the moment from them.

JoelP

posted on 29/7/09 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
Brian! How bloody awful to see you back! (dont lose your humour though )

I think its discgraceful that the people who get properly shafted are those abroad who cannot visit in person, might have language barriers, and certainly wont be as familiar with UK proceedures such as trading standards etc.

Still, it seems he fits in well with the rest of the scum on his industrial estate.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

BKLOCO

posted on 2/8/09 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
It's good to see that some things on this site never change.....
Stirrers that have had little or nothing to do with a company and only have one side of a story jumping to conclusions and threatening all sorts if sh1t.
Still makes me smile.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.